We.

September 1995, Woodsboro, CA

7 days before the murder.

I've been watching her for months, getting used to her routine. It's been far too easy. Every Thursday Maureen Prescott entertains a guest when her loving yet absent husband is away for a few days. Usually around 2am Mrs Prescott pulls up in a taxi either alone or with a male companion. It's no secret that Maureen is a whore, it's the towns worst kept secret and frankly it surprises me how Sidney is so oblivious.

One night, a few years back my mother and father argued harder than they had before. The usual name calling had turned physically violent. A lamp had been shattered, the glass coffee table had been smashed. My mother suddenly started packing her belongings whilst screaming at my father as I watched from the stairs. My enraged mother noticed me and told me with such a callousness to her voice "blame your father and that slut Maureen Prescott" before walking out on us. I haven't seen her since. I remember waiting for the upset to hit me, at first I thought it was shock preventing the hurt but as the weeks turned into months and I still didn't feel anything... I knew something was wrong with me, more wrong than I had already realised. I didn't miss her, I didn't feel any despise for my father for causing this. Nothing. One minute I had a mother and the next I didn't. But then recently I began thinking; maybe that was a defining moment, as maternal abandonment does have a serious affect on children. Even though I had known I was different for as long as I can remember.. it still makes the perfect alibi, no?

But I will not be letting that happen, it's worst case scenario. Well having to kill and blame Stu would be worse... but being in prison for the rest of my life wouldn't be great either. But neither of those situations are going to happen, I know it.

We are ready.

I'm sat in the car just around the corner from the Prescott's home, Maureen returned home alone this time about 10 minutes ago. I tap at the steering wheel, what if she doesn't bring anyone home next week? No, I can't be thinking like that. I - no we, will make this work.

I start the engine and drive back home, taking the long route away from any surveillance cameras. I won't be sleeping, I haven't for a while now and it's not because I'm anxious. Quite the opposite.

It's because I'm excited.

I'm finally feeling all these positive emotions and it's all because I'm finally going to kill.

Oh and because of Stu making me a fag, I guess.

6 days before the murder.

We're sat in the usual spot on the fountain, Sid leaning against me. Stu and Tatum, side by side. And Randy, just being Randy.

"Come on, Elm Street 2 was not that bad" The boring brown haired boy says in that annoying voice that I can only compare to scraping at a chalkboard.

"Not that bad? Man it sucked ass. What drugs were you smoking when you watched it?" Stu practically snorts with laughter.

Tatum plaiting her hair, looks the least bit uninterested "I didn't mind that one"

"There are much worst sequels out there, is all I'm saying" Randy says with a hint of arrogance. Always the most educated when it comes to horror, always loving a horror pissing contest, if only he knew how far mine and Stu's interest went.

"There hasn't ever been a good sequel, you can never beat the original" Stu squints his eyes and sounds far too interested in the topic for my liking.

"Why not? The kills are always bigger and better, right Billy?" Randy turns to look at me, the enthusiasm clear on his face. Randy and I aren't the closest friends but if there's one thing we have in common, it's our love for horror movies. But recently I've been trying to play that down, unfortunately Stu forgot the memo.

"I can't really remember it, to be honest" I say, with my most uninterested tone and go to kiss Sid on the neck. I'm getting good at this act.

"What? Jesus, I'm surrounded by cultural cinema virgins here" Randy lays back on the fountain. putting his hands behind his head.

"The only virgin here is you" Stu laughs that contagious laugh, Sid and Tatum join in. I pretend to laugh too.

Tatum suddenly leans forward, her face turning more sombre "Did you hear about those pigs that were killed in Haddonfield last night?" Oh, great. This shitty little town really does soak up every bit of news it can get from a 60 mile radius.

"Yeah apparently it was gruesome! Cut to pieces, is what I heard" Randy lightens up at the topic "Sounds like a budding serial killer to me" I try not to stare at him, in disbelief. I don't say anything, as if anyone is going to look suspicious, it's horror obsessed Randy.

"What? It was probably the farmers, insurance or something" Stu sounding disinterested at best.

"No way, it's the first sign of a serial killer, killing animals. It's a known fact. Plus it was so unnecessarily brutal, they were stabbed hundreds of times" Randy raises an eyebrow, trying to sound like a narrator of a crime show or something. I suppress a laugh, hundreds? That's impressive.

"Well whatever happened, they were gonna be butchered anyway" Stu sticks his tongue out and holds the tip of his nose up with his middle finger, mimicking a pig and trying to change the mood.

Tatum gasps theatrically and hits him gently "Sicko, them poor pigs"

Stu starts making snorting noises at her and she squeals and leaps off the fountain as Stu proceeds to chase after her, grabbing her and lifting her in the air whilst her screams turn to laughter. I can feel the jealousy leaking into my expression but I force a smile and laugh. Sid leans her face into my shoulder, hiding her face from the others, feeling uncomfortable. I kiss the top of her head, trying to comfort her. She looks up to me with those warm brown eyes, her freckled skin wrinkles slightly as she smiles at me. Poor Sidney, can't even handle hearing about a couple of pigs being slaughtered. If only she knew what we had planned for her.

Every second I have to touch and placate her, is worth it when I think of the final act. Images I have conjured repeat in my minds eye every time I look at her. Images that make my heart beat faster. Images that would turn others stomachs. Sweet, innocent Sidney.

She's going to make the perfect final victim.