Obsession, possession.

March 1996, Woodsboro, CA

Stuart Macher

Coward. Why did I leave him? He needs me and I fucking left him. Pussy ass bitch. I'm back home, alone. Searching through the kitchen cabinets for something to clean my wounds with, trying to stop myself from going back out there to find him. My stomach twists when I think of his face, his eyes... his words. I've never seen him like that- that... whacked. 

The doorbell rings which makes me jump so I bang my head on the roof of the cabinet, fuck. I get to my feet, one hand on my now aching head and the other touching the band aid over my throbbing throat. I swear to god, if it's Billy. I reach the door and swing it open.

"Leslie?" My mouth falls open.

"What have you gotten yourself into this time, you ass" My elder sister, pushes past me, taking a hold of one of my arms dragging me into the kitchen with ease despite being a whole foot shorter. She makes me sit down and heads to the already open cabinet and pulls out the first aid kit, "where the hell was that?" I say more to myself. 

"Right let me look at you" She stands in front of me, eye level due to me being seated. I see her blue eyes that almost match the hues of mine, drop to my neck and then the blood stains on my shirt "The hell you do Stu? Fall into a barbed fence again?" She mocks, reminding me of an incident from our childhood. 

"Hah-hah, yeah something like that" I say in the most sarcastic tone one can only do with a sibling, I flinch when she pulls at the band aid on my throat "OUCH"

"How did you do that?" Her eyes widen, when she sees the cut.

"I fell, you know I'm clumsy. My legs are too long, I'm a walking accident" I slap her hand away, and delicately push down the band aid.

"Mhmm you can say that again" I can see her brain ticking away, so I bring my injured hand in-between us, my palm open showing the thick cut. "Jesus, Stuart! You should have gone to the ER" She starts searching through the first aid kit next to us. 

"You're a nurse, and you're here... why are you here?" I word vomit my consciousness. Leslie, starts cleaning the wound, looking at it closely. 

"I think you might just get away without needing stitches" She places a dressing over the cut.

I pull my hand away "Leslie, why are you here?"

Her hands stay in the same position now touching air, her expression turns to annoyance "Erm, your friend called. Said you had been hurt and-"

"Friend? Who?" I feel myself getting to my feet, Leslie steps back out of my way,  she's used to my 'erratic' behaviour.

"Lomas? Billy? You know the weird kid you used to hang with all the-"