Billy, what are you doing?

March 1996, Woodsboro, CA

Billy, what are you doing?

I'm walking. Reality keeps shifting with delusions. It's raining, I think.

Billy... w-what

I'm in the woods, behind the Macher home. Is it now or is it then?

Billy! The little boy screams, his blue eyes fill with tears. He turns to run away, from me?

I look down to my hand, my hand shifts from mine to my childlike hand. Blood is smeared on them both, the pattern merges into one another. The knife clasped in my fingers changes sizes. My grip stays the same. 

I'm scared Billy.

The blue eyed boy is beside me again, the tears are all down his cheeks. His golden hair moves like waves in the wind. 

It's raining and I'm alone. The blood keeps falling down my arms, the pain isn't there?

Promise, you won't do this again? The little boy is in front of me, the tears dried on his skin. 

Do what? I ask to no-one. The clearing in the forest is empty, I'm soaked through and I keep holding onto the knife despite the blood and rain making it hard to grip.

It will be our secret. The boy whispers before looking down to the floor, I follow his gaze. A dead dog lies at my feet. It's brown fur matted in blood. 

I just wanted to get some more bones for you. I say, my voice sounding lighter and younger.

The blonde boy starts picking up leaves to cover the body, then he's in front of me. His eyes look, scared. You're not gonna hurt me, are you Billy?

"Billy?"  

I look up and Stu is stood where the younger him was, he's soaking wet too. He's so much taller now. I can barely make out his face in the darkness but I just know those eyes are searching for the darkness in mine.

I'll never hurt you, Stu. I promise. The younger me says. 

My chest heaves. If I don't feel then what is this? 

The adult Stu, steps closer to me.

"Don't!" I shout, it comes out like a cry.