five

Present

The hospital hummed with excitement as rumors spread about Yuvraj Singh Malhotra's visit. Paparazzi crowded outside, unaware he'd slipped away through the VIP exit to dodge them. Patients whispered eagerly, while nurses couldn't contain their excitement, swooning over the unexpected celebrity encounter.

He was their business world's shining star, a figure admired from afar through the glossy pages of Forbes and countless magazines. Vidhi, however, had intimately shared a portion of her life with him, a chapter etched deeply within her. Yet, despite their intertwined past, the cruelty of fate had woven a bitter narrative between them. It now seemed prudent to bury the memories of what shouldn't have transpired, an ache too heavy to carry forward.

Vidhi struggled after the surprise encounter with Yuvraj and the subsequent barrage of inquiries weighed heavily on Vidhi, already grappling with her inner turmoil. The constant probing about their encounter stirred dormant emotions, threatening to breach the carefully constructed walls she had built around them. Craving solace, she escaped and headed home, a lavish haven equipped with every comfort imaginable but lacking companionship. As she stepped inside, she was met with the familiar hues of gray and a deafening silence once more.

Vidhi sought refuge in the familiarity of her sanctuary. She shed the weight of the outside world in the comforting cascade of the shower, letting the warm water wash away not just the physical fatigue but also the lingering unease from the day's events. Wrapped in a plush robe, she made her way to the cozy sitting area, a glass of cool water clutched in her hand, offering a momentary respite.As she settled into the cushioned armchair, the doorbell pierced the serene silence. Vidhi's brow furrowed in mild surprise, the interruption disrupting her moment of solace. Setting down the glass, she made her way to the door, the echoes of the chime resonating through the expansive hallway.

Namratha had heard the rumors buzzing about Vidhi's unexpected run-in with Yuvraj. Concerned for her friend, she thought a visit might help cheer her up during what seemed like a chaotic time.

Arriving at Vidhi's extravagant home, Namratha knocked on the door, carrying a six-pack of beer as a peace offering. Vidhi, lost in her thoughts, took a moment before opening the door.

"Hey, Vids! Heard about your run-in with Mr. Business Tycoon. You okay?" Namratha asked, holding up the beer with a mischievous grin. Her vibrant energy instantly melting away Vidhi's tension. Namratha wasn't just a friend; she was Vidhi's closest confidante.

Vidhi managed a smile, gesturing for Namratha to come inside. "Oh, Nam, it's been a whirlwind."

Strolling into the luxurious foyer, Namratha couldn't help but take in the grandeur. "I can imagine. Gossip travels faster than light these days."

Vidhi led her friend to the living room, a place adorned with sophistication but lacking the warmth of laughter. "Tell me about it. It's been a parade of nosy questions."

Namratha plopped down on the plush sofa, offering the beers with a chuckle. "Thought you might need these. Cheers to surviving the circus!"

Vidhi laughed, accepting the beer gratefully. "You're a lifesaver, Nam! I could definitely use this."

As they sat in the opulent comfort of Vidhi's home, sipping beer and sharing stories, the weight of the encounter slowly lifted, replaced by the soothing balm of friendship and laughter.