Chpt. 2- New people

-present-

Poppy brushed her hair excitedly as Branch watched from across the room, sitting on her bed.
"Remind me again, what's happening today?" He asked, pretending to have forgotten just for her sake.

"Viva and Barb are visiting today! I can't wait to show them both around, it's going to be so fun, we can make bracelets and paint each other's nails, and bake cookies- oh and they're totally going to be best friends, and-!" She paused, realizing that she was ranting, not wanting to annoy her boyfriend or anything.

When she looked over to Branch she was met with a reassuring look, signaling to her that she could keep talking.
"Sorry, I just really hope today works out, I mean, Viva hasn't been around many other types of trolls and I want to introduce her to new people, anddd Barb is like one of my best friends, oh and Bridgette is too, and the twins- ANYWAY, I just hope they both get along." Poppy took a breath in, finally finishing.

"Don't worry Poppy, I'm sure everything will go great, especially with you there." He winked, making Poppy giggle a bit.
"Thanks Branch," she smiled, now sitting down next to him. "Well, I don't want to be late," she exclaimed before pressing her lips to Branch's cheek, giving him a quick peck before rushing out the door. "See you soon!" She waved goodbye.

Barb straightened her skirt, feeling weirdly anxious, which was unlike her. She had this weird urge to impress Viva, even though she had never met her before. The way Poppy described her made her seem so cool, like a hero, and from her looks in the photo, there was no doubt that she was stunning. Barb brushed it off, like she did with all of her unwanted emotions. It didn't matter.l

After ages, she finally landed in Pop Village, immediately hopping off her rock balloon.
"Sup Popsqueek," Barb greeted nonchalantly.

"Hi Barb!!!" Poppy quickly ran over to hug her. Normally Barb would cringe at this action, but at this point in their friendship she knew that the hugging wasn't going to stop anytime soon, except she highly doubted that she was ever going to return it. "Viva should be here soon," she told Barb as she linked their arms together.

"POPPY," Another pink troll with a voice just as cheery called out before running over, tackling Poppy with yet another hug.

"VIVA!" Poppy returned the excited tone, hugging her back. "This is Barb, but I bet you already knew that," Poppy said, attempting to introduce the two as she dusted herself off.

"Oh my gosh, I've never seen another type of troll in real life! You look even cooler than you do in your picture," Viva said to Barb, looking her over completely.

"T-thanks, you too?" Barb coughed trying to cover up her stutter as she blushed. "Poppy showed you my picture?" She wasn't used to all this attention, especially from someone she barely knew. She also still wasn't used to how energetic pop trolls were, unlike her rock troll family where giving a nod of approval was all anyone ever needed.

"Of course, silly. Now let's go!"

I promiseee this fic will get more interesting once I can add some things I've been planning on, sorry for these boring chapters!! 😭 I already have a lot of other scenes written but I realized I have no idea on how Barb and Viva come to know each other, so obviously these first few chapters definitely aren't going to be the best. If anyone has any ideas just tell me, I'll be forever grateful

Ty to whoever's seeing this!!!!!!