Chap. 7- Leaving

“Oh my troll, you know what,” Viva squealed, grasping Barb's hand even tighter since she had never let go, even after being helped back up.
She didn't give Barb a chance to respond. “I should braid your hair! I love braiding hair, it's so fun, everytime I meet someone new I braid their hair and-”

“Nope. Poppy's waiting,” Barb cut her off, refusing as she crossed her arms, gesturing towards the pod's door. There was no way she was going to let Viva braid her mohawk, no matter how cute the ordeal could be.

This earned a frown out of Viva. “Oh come onnn, it won't take a long time. I could do it right now y’know!” she exclaimed, crawling right back onto the beds, already starting to section off Barb's hair.

Barb could already feel her heart pounding in her chest the closer Viva got to her face, how was she so pretty?
“P-poppy’s waiting!! Maybe later,” she quickly sputtered out, moving Viva aside.

“Fine. Later it'll be then,” Viva finally gave in. “But you're not getting out of it!” She stamped her feet a bit, standing up so they could leave.

“Pfft, sure,” Barb said in a sardonic tone, stretching her arms as she got up, ready to leave like Viva.

Well, maybe not ready. She was already feeling melancholic about leaving Pop Village and having to say goodbye to Poppy and now Viva as well. She was really going to miss Viva…
Rock trolls just didn't seem to get along like the pop trolls. Though, it was going to be nice to get a break from all the talking she had to do over here, and she had some “queenly” duties to take care of over at Volcano Rock City. At least she could get some alone time, except that was probably going to give her brain too much time to dwell on things. Maybe she could blast music instead.

Poppy's voice broke Barb out of the prison she had named her mind. “Maybe it's not coming,” Poppy suggested with uncertainty.

“How am I supposed to get home without an airship or hot air balloon?” Viva asked as she squinted her eyes, using her hand to block out the sun so she could look up to the sky in search of her balloon.
To her disappointment, the sky was clear, apart from a few light clouds. Nothing in sight except for Barb's ride.

“You could always come back to my place you know,” Barb offered, fidgeting with the fraying edges of her ripped skirt. “Just until you can get picked up of course!”

Viva's eyes lit up. Was Barb really offering to let her stay with her? Now their fun really wasn't going to end! But she had never been away from home for this long, what if something bad were to happen? The only other place she's managed to put herself through to was Mount Rageous..
Before she could let her brain talk herself out of it, Viva was already nodding enthusiastically.

Barb and Viva stood, side by side as they watched clouds pass by below them.
When Barb was still obsessed with dictating the whole world to mold it to her liking, being so high up would have given her a feeling of power. Reminding her that she was on top, she was above everything; rules, laws, trolls… in charge. Now she just felt uneasy. She could tell that Viva was looking to feel the same way by the way she tampered with her tail. Awkwardness clung to the air for no apparent reason.

Barb looked away from the edge and back to Viva. “By the way, if you want I can get Debbie to send a letter out to Clay,” she prompted. “Just so he knows where you are or whatever and that you'll be a bit late.”

“Really? Thank you.. being away for this long just makes me worry, you know.”

Barb wasn't very good at reassurance. “It'll probably be alright, Clay's got it,” She mentioned, poking at Viva's side. That sounds right.

She giggled. “Yeah, I guess so.”

Sorry for yet another short chapter!! I'll try to do a longer one next time