Chap. 10- confession..?

Just as Barb was admiring her new hairstyle, a pounding knock was heard at the door before a troll barged in with a particularly low-set beanie, almost covering his eyes.
“Barb! I-I mean, your Rockness, there's a ship that can be ready by tomorrow morning for the Pop troll.” He said, looking Barb up and down with a weird expression before motioning at Viva.

“Okay, yeah, whatever! Thanks, you can go now Riff!” Barb immediately got up to usher him out of her room, clearly embarrassed out of her mind.
As soon as the door was slammed shut, Viva couldn't contain herself as she burst out laughing.
Barb on the other hand kept her gaze cool and her face straight, not giving in to Vivas antics.
“It's not funny.” She stated, holding back her own laughter.
Unfortunately for Barb, this only made Viva snicker even more. “It's a little funny.” she confessed, wiping a small tear from her eye, seeming to calm down a bit- only she continued talking. “I mean, did you see his face!?”

“Yeah. I saw.” Barb rolled her eyes playfully, returning back to her old spot on the bed. “This is the exact reason why I didn't want you to braid my previous mohawk,”

Viva giggled, shoving Barb as she flopped onto her back. “Well, I don't think it looks as stupid as you think, or as whoever that Riff guy thinks. I think it looks cute, you rock trolls are just so pessimistic, you guys should really try having fun for once,” she rambled, her brain not processing that she had just called Barb cute. To her face.

Barb blushed, not responding, just watching as Viva spoke her mind. “A few days was all she needed to fall.”
She hadn't just fallen, she had stumbled off a cliff and was practically plummeting down. An extreme, but accurate way of putting it. All of Barb's emotions came as extreme to her, though lately being with Viva had replaced her strongest emotions of guilt and anger with a new one- love.

This was crazy. Barb knew this was crazy. She was crazy.
“...Viva,” she whispered, causing the pink troll next to her to pause, looking back at her.
Barb's hands had already found their way to Viva, one resting on her cheek and the other on the small of her back. Every justifiable thought in her head was screaming at her to stop, but this moment was irresistible.

Viva's eyes widened, her face flushed to a now red-ish shade of pink as she realized Barb's intentions. Instead of complying, she gave her a smirk, waiting for Barb to finish what she had just started. Barb wasn't dumb like her hair's current state, she knew what game Viva was playing, and she knew how to play it.
Leaning in, she filled the gap, giving Viva a gentle but deep kiss.
At first, Viva didn't react, seeming surprised that Barb had actually kissed her- it was something she wasn't suspecting her to actually pull through with, though Viva didn't feel satisfied with just one.

Barb's expression shifted to a worried look as she looked at Viva, wondering if she had read the room all wrong. She pulled away, just barely so that their noses were still touching.
To Barb's astonishment, Viva immediately pulled her back in, showering her in little kisses,
“I'm breaking up with Clay.” She concluded, grinning at Barb. Emotional baggage could be saved for later.

Barb had no idea how to respond to this, other more important things occupying her head space, like the fact that she had just kissed the most wonderful troll she had ever known, and been kissed by the most wonderful troll she had ever known. Wondering if she could even talk, Barb opened her mouth anyway. “Uhm- that's great dude?” she said, tripping over her words as she looked Viva in the eyes, surprised yet grateful that she had chosen her over him so quickly.

The rest of the night seemed to pass by in another blur- a sleepy one for that matter because instead of discussing their feelings or whatever new found couples did, Viva chose to fall asleep instead.

Night time and mornings seemed to be the most vulnerable times of day for the both of them. Barb had barely slept the night before. Maybe it was because she had taken a nap earlier, or because her mind wouldn't shut up about Viva, or it was due to the glitterflies that were soaring through her stomach all night because Viva's head was resting on her chest.
Maybe her nightmare didn't have to be true.. maybe she could be loved, even after all of her wrong doings. Viva had to be proof of that.

So many new questions and thoughts to fill her inner monologue.

VIVARB CANON! Sorry if this chapter seems a little rushed, I just reallyyy had to get this one out right away

New Beginnings [Vivarb, Broppy!!!]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara