Linda

(A/N - This chapter was kinda confusing to write, and I feel like it's too rushed, but idk. Just comment any questions you might have once it gets to the time math stuff)

~~~Mobius' pov~~~

This whole situation was breaking my heart.

I just couldn't get my head around the fact she had been sick that entire time. She never even hinted that anything was wrong.

Her acting went far beyond pretending she had lost her memories or that she was just a regular five-year-old girl, that's for sure.

I stood on the other side of the room, giving Loki and Catherine their space. They were absolutely distraught, but there were noticeable differences in how they were handling it.

Catherine was a wreck. She was sobbing so hard she couldn't even breathe. She was inconsolable. An appropriate reaction to the news we'd received.

Loki wasn't much better. He wasn't crying, but he had that look in his eyes that I was all too familiar with.

Even though he's not the 'Sacred Timeline Loki' I had studied the files on, there were striking similarities between them. For instance, that murderous look he had in his eyes.

I'd only seen it once before on the Sacred Timeline, and what happened after was... It was something.

That look was the same one he had worn when he was informed of his mother's death.

In that moment, I knew he was beyond furious.

Not at Linda for not saying anything about this, no. Not at me, either. This look of pure rage was undoubtedly reserved for the one who gave Linda the memory wipe serum in the first place.

Renslayer.

Safe to say, I would not like to be in the shoes of my former friend when Loki found her.

A few minutes went by before Catherine finally managed to calm down and began to think clearly.

"She needs rest. If what we just heard is true... She should be resting." She wiped away a tear as she stared at Linda's sleeping form with pain in her eyes. "I'll bring her back to our room."

Loki nodded in agreement. "You're right. Go on ahead. I'll join you in a moment." He turned back to the projector, inspecting the Tempads. "I just want to be sure there isn't anything we missed. A clue her future self left for us to help or something like that."

~~~Loki's pov~~~

There had to be something. She couldn't just... She's not going to die. She can't. I won't let her.

After Catherine and Mobius left with Linda, I rewatched the tapes, searching for anything that could help.

But there was nothing.

Silence filled the time theater as I began to come to terms with the situation. A haunting silence that seemed to be a cruel foreshadowing of my future if I didn't manage to find something to save my daughter.

The silence seemed to stretch on for an eternity. That is until I heard something in the very back of the room. Something that sounded like rushing wind but softer and more concentrated.

I took a hesitant step forward, trying to make out what was causing the noise, only to watch as a woman's silhouette stepped into the light.

I furrowed my brows in confusion. Who was this? How did they get here?

"Oh, what the hell... I hate it when it just happens out of nowhere like that." The figure murmured, looking down at her arms, dusting herself off before looking up, revealing her face, and seeing me. "Oh my..."