Zaniac

~~~Catherine's pov~~~

It had been a few hours since the whole 'time-slipping' incident, and we had just gotten a hit on a Tempad that belonged to one of Dox's men, X-5.

Of course. It just had to be X-5.

That man just pisses me off. In fact, over the last three years-

"Alright, we gotta find X-5. He's on the Sacred Timeline, living in the 1970s as Brad Wolfe." Mobius told us, stepping out of his apartment to meet Loki, Linda, and me in the hallway, now dressed in...a suit?

That's an interesting choice of attire.

"And the suit is for...?" I questioned, brow raised.

"We're going to drop in during a movie premiere in London, 1977. It's where we got the hit from." He explained, taking out his Tempad to check something. "Meaning, we have to dress up a little."

"In what, exactly?" Loki questioned, gesturing to our TVA uniforms.

"Glad you asked." The analyst smiled. "For undercover assignments like these, we get to pull some clothes from the evidence room. So, you have a lot to choose from." With that, he retreated into his apartment, leaving us intrigued but still confused.

"Am I going with you guys?" Linda asked, looking up at us with a hopeful smile.

"Of course." I smiled back, kneeling to her level. "You're my secret weapon, right?" I winked at her.

In reality, I knew she couldn't stay here. If she had an episode while we were gone, I didn't know what would happen.

I could tell Loki was of the same mindset as he nodded discreetly.

Even without telepathy, he still managed to always know what I was thinking. Guess it's a soulmate thing.

"Okay, let's go find some clothes in the evidence room." I shrugged before turning back to Linda. "Hey, sweetie? How about you stay back here with Mobius? Just until we get back from the evidence room." I suggested, thinking back to what happened the last time we were in that specific room.

She nodded in agreement. "Okay." I could tell she wasn't exactly eager to go back there.

~

Good news, I found a dress.

Even better news, it was a dress from my original timeline.

I smiled to myself as I smoothed the front of the dress, recalling the last time I had worn it and the events that took place that evening.

A grin still lingering on my face, I left the dressing room near the armory at the same time Loki did.

"Do you like it?" I asked, doing a small twirl to showcase the nostalgic green dress.

"You look gorgeous, darling." He smirked and raised my hand to place a kiss on it, almost a direct mirror of our first dance almost a decade ago. "And if I'm not mistaken, that's the same gown you wore to that party. You know, the one with the killer robots." He teased.