War Room

(A/N- Sorry again about the late update! My life has been pretty hectic recently, and I haven't had much time to write. Also, Ep 1 is really difficult to write out. Between all the time-slipping and the stuff with Dox and X-5, it was hard to build a plot that would work with the new, added-on characters, but also be true to the episode itself.

Alright, I've talked long enough. Enjoy the chapter! It's my Easter present to you guys!)

~~~Catherine's pov~~~

After filling Mobius in on the situation, and explaining to him thoroughly why we weren't telling Linda that we knew about the toxin, Loki stepped out of the apartment to join us.

"She's asleep again." He said quietly, moving to stand beside me. "I guess that teleporting took more out of her than we thought."

I nodded but got the feeling he wasn't telling me the whole truth.

"Are you sure-" I started to ask him, but then B-15 ran over to us.

"There you guys are! I've been looking all over." She was slightly out of breath as she stood in front of the three of us. "The branches are still growing at an accelerated rate, and I've put out an order to stop pruning, but I don't know if that will be enough."

"Alright, now what? What's the next step?" Mobius questioned.

"Now, the branches keep on growing and we tell the people of the TVA the truth about this place." She shrugged as if that was going to be a simple task.

"And you think people are gonna be ready to hear that?" I raised a brow, confused as to her plan, and then the lights started flickering in the hallway, going out momentarily.

That didn't look like a scene out of a horror movie at all.

"People have lives on the timeline, Catherine." She started, making me cross my arms in disbelief.

"Yes, I know. I'm actively trying to get back to mine. And I agree. They should have the chance to live those lives but think about it. We're just going to tell everyone that everything they've been doing is wrong and all their gods are dead? How are people going to take that?"

Loki looked like he was about to speak up but then he disappeared again.

Oh, come on!

I need you to understand that he's not just disappearing. If he were just blinking out of existence and nothing more, that would actually be a step up. But he's not. It looks like pruning, but a million times worse. I'm not even sure if I can describe it.

"Uh, what was that?" B-15 looked extremely disturbed.

I pinched the bridge of my nose, again, not knowing how to explain it. "He's being pulled to different points in time. It's hard to explain, but long story short, he's in the past right now."

"Okaaay." She still looked very confused but went along with it. "Anyway, with Renslayer missing, there's a new judge's council. So, General Dox and Judge Gamble want to see the two of us in the War Room." She gestured to me and her.

"Hold on, the two of us?" I furrowed my brows, perplexed.

She nodded, making Mobius even more confused.

"Not me? Why?"

"That's just what I was told." She shrugged.

Letting out a frustrated sigh, I clapped my hands together and turned to my analyst friend. "Alright, so Mobius, you're going to have to watch Linda while we go deal with whatever this is. We can't leave her alone for that long, even if she is just asleep. And I honestly have no idea when Loki's going to get back from whatever time he was just pulled to. Hopefully soon, but keep a lookout."