The Rings

~~~Catherine's pov~~~

We all trailed after O.B. as he hurried out of Repairs & Advancements to begin searching the clutter-lined walls of the hallway for something.

I was about to ask what he was looking for when I felt Linda tug on my hand, trying to get my attention.

"What's up?" I asked her, kneeling to her level with a smile.

"I just wanted to give you these before I forgot." She said with a slightly mischievous smile.

"You know you have the same 'mischief face' your dad does, right?" I asked, raising a playfully suspicious brow. "What are you up to?"

Look, I'm married to the God of Mischief and we have a daughter who is the Goddess of Chaos and Tricks. If there is one thing the two of them bond over, it's mischief. It kinda covers all the bases. Chaos and tricks included.

"Nothing." She shook her head. "But now that you guys have your memories back, you should have these." She placed something into the palm of my hand and when I opened my hand, I saw my wedding and engagement rings.

I let out a small gasp at the sight of them, my heart swelling. "I thought I lost these forever... How did you..." I stared at her in shock.

Right before Renslayer had my memory wiped, any jewelry or personal items I had on me were confiscated. I was told they were destroyed...

"When I saw you for the first time after the memory wipe, I noticed you didn't have your rings. So I checked the evidence room and there they were." She smiled at me. "I wanted to hold onto them just in case you ever got your memory back."

"Linda, this means the world to me," I told her honestly. "Thank you so much." I hugged her tightly and when I pulled away, I pressed a kiss to her forehead.

"I found Dad's too." She whispered, revealing Loki's wedding ring in her other hand. "It was in the Void." She handed it to me alongside my rings.

The Void? How on earth did she find one ring in that wasteland?

You know what? I've just learned to not question her at this point. She has her ways. Ways that will remain a mystery to just about everyone until the end of time...

~~~Loki's pov~~~

O.B. finally found whatever he was looking for and we continued down the hallway to get to... I don't actually know.

Just as I was going to pose that exact question to the inventor, Catherine walked up beside me, a large smile on her face.

"What are you so happy about?" I asked, noticing the stark contrast in her emotional state from what it had been a few minutes before.

"Here." Her smile remained as she placed something in my hand.

My wedding band.

My eyes were wide as I looked at her. "How do you have this? Where did you find it?"

I lost this when I was pruned at the park. It shouldn't be possible...

"Linda gave it to me." She shrugged, much to my surprise. "Along with these." She lifted her left hand to reveal that she had her engagement and wedding rings back. "Apparently they were in the evidence room and she held onto them. And she said she found yours in the Void. Which is.....interesting."

"How did she manage to pull that off?" I questioned, extremely impressed but also confused.

The Void was nothing more than a glorified junkyard. How did she find one specific ring in the midst of all that?