Time-slipping

(A/N- It's been a while! I think I updated this all the way back in January, and that means we're overdue for some new sequel content. If I'm being completely honest, I had a lot of writer's block when it came to this chapter, and I honestly didn't know how I was going to work Loki's time-slipping into all this, BUT I DID IT! IT TOOK OVER A MONTH, BUT I DID IT! 😁😁😁

Anyways, enjoy!)

~~~Loki's pov~~~

I didn't know how to process what was happening.

My mind was racing a million miles an hour, trying to comprehend what I was being told.

I had to let my daughter die. I was being told that I had to let my five-year-old daughter, die.

"You're sure there is nothing I can do to help her?" I asked desperately, fighting back the tears threatening to surface.

There had to be something. Anything.

She couldn't just die. After everything she's been through, she doesn't deserve this.

"I think you know the answer to that." She shook her head, making my heart ache. "And for what it's worth, I'm glad we were able to talk." The future version of Linda smiled sadly. "I-"

Before she could even finish her sentence, she was cut off by a sound that was similar to loud rushing wind, and what felt like a thousand knives being stabbed into my body all at once.

The pain was excruciating, but it only lasted a matter of seconds before it subsided, and the real headache-inducing situation set in.

"What the Hel..." I murmured, looking around at my surroundings in confusion.

I was in what looked like the TVA, but it wasn't. The entire layout of the time theater was different and the variant of Linda from 2043 was no longer there.

"Hello?"

No answer.

I felt something in my hand, and when I looked down, I saw a piece of paper.

On it was this message.

If you're reading this, that means I wasn't able to tell you this in person, and you're now alone in the time theater. I didn't get a chance to tell you, but you need to know what it looks like when little me is experiencing an episode. It's important, trust me. Her face will drain of all color, she'll feel like she can't breathe, and a coughing fit will start. The biggest telltale sign however is that she will instantly get a bloody nose. Also, she'll be tired most of the time. Usually a week or so before an episode, she'll feel like she's always sleepy and can't seem to get enough rest. You gotta keep an eye on her. I love you, Dad.

-Your little shooting star

I felt myself smile a bit when I saw her use of the nickname. After all those years, it still meant something to her...

And now I knew what to look out for next time Linda might have an episode.

It was a bittersweet thought, and I tried to push it out of my mind as much as possible.

Now, I had to figure out where I was and why I had just felt like I was dying a moment ago.

Determined to find some answers, I ventured out into the hallway just to run into Casey.

Hopefully, he'll know something.

"Casey, do you-" I tried to ask him what was going on but he cut me off, his face shrouded in confusion.

"I'm sorry. Do I know you?" He asked, perplexed.

What?

"Casey, it's me." I looked at him a little strangely. "Loki."