Ouroboros

~~~Loki's pov~~~

As we made our way down to Repairs & Advancements, I couldn't stop thinking about what happened when I saw Linda in the past.

I'm not sure if I did the right thing or not, but I knew I couldn't just leave her there. So, I did what I had to do to make sure she had hope that I would be back.

I talked with her and explained as much as I could before I teleported back to the present. I told her what to look for when the day came for my 2012 variant to be arrested and brought to the TVA and many other things that would probably help her in the near future.

Following that, I just sat there with her, telling her I loved her and that I was proud of her for how far she'd come.

I felt that she needed to hear that more than anything else. She had to know that even if I couldn't be with her for the remainder of the three years, I still cared about her more than anything in the world.

She was heartbroken when I told her that I couldn't stay. And I was even more heartbroken at her reaction.

She begged me not to go, but I had no choice. As much as I wanted to stay there, with her safe in my arms, I couldn't. There was no way for me to control the teleporting.

"What are you thinking about?" Linda's voice pulled me from my thoughts as we exited the elevator behind Catherine and Mobius.

"Just how much I've missed our training sessions." I smiled down at her, her hand grasped tightly with mine while we walked. "Do you still practice with your dagger?"

She nodded enthusiastically, smiling from ear to ear. "Every day! Just like you taught me! I even managed to do your dagger flip!"

"Really?" I gasped, not all that surprised. She was a smart girl. I knew she'd figure it out with a little practice.

"I was only able to do it once though..." She murmured. "Probably just luck."

"Luck or not, that's still extremely impressive." I told her, stopping for a moment to kneel to her level. "How's this? As soon as we get out of here and get back home, I'll teach you how to do it every time, without fail."

"I would love that." Her smile grew wider as she wrapped her arms around me in a tight hug. "I'm really, really glad you're back." She whispered.

"So am I, sweetheart." I whispered back, kissing the top of her head softly.

~~~Catherine's pov~~~

"You sure you know where you're going?" I asked Mobius as we went through a dimly lit hallway, clutter lining the walls.

"Yeah, it's just right up here." He nodded, gesturing to an archway a few feet ahead that led to a larger warehouse looking room. "It's been a while since I've been down here." He commented as we entered the room, Loki and Linda close behind us.

"Actually, I'm not sure I've ever been down here..." He muttered under his breath, looking around the workshop.

The whole room was fairly large, a dim lighting illuminating the space. There was a large desk/working counter in the center of the room that was covered in various papers and inventions.

As I was looking around, I saw a man descending from the ceiling in some kind of chair.

What on Earth...

"Oh, hey." The guy smiled at us as he got to the ground. "Welcome to R&A."

"Good, we're in the right place." Mobius sighed, no longer unsure of himself. "We have a little bit of a situation we wanted to run by you."