Infernal Ice

Shoko Todoroki looked the same as ever: an aloof, two-Quirked genius that was destined for greatness as a hero. Despite that, nothing about how she felt was heroic. Honestly, she felt more like a villain; not a supervillain, though. Still, she couldn't deny that she was ready to snap at everything in a matter of seconds, barely holding on like it was a deus ex machina.

The U.A. Sports Festival was another one of many tests that awaited U.A. students. It was a place for them to compete and test their mettle against the many other aspiring heroes they were classmates or rivals against. A great opportunity for the students participating to show their value in any way they could. This would then proceed with Pro Heroes from other agencies going about checking the students that earned their attention, leading to the potential of being scoured and trained by a more professional hero to reach new heights.

All of this was just fucking shit to Shoko. She couldn't bother with it. Sparks of embers ready to inflate and explode the room she was in, only for good breathing to kick in. Her toes tapping rapidly as every coping method known to man was applied to stop Shoko from destroying public property.

'That stupid old man!' she cursed, the darkest pits of her wishing to send him sliding down to hell. Not that it would have many any difference to what happened; shaky fingers making its way to the scarred eye of hers.

"And here we have an emo in her natural habitat!"

A quirky, casual voice melted Shoko's indifference. Shoko finding her eyes rolling at who entered, the blindfolded idiot as he was known in the class. Y/N strolled into her room with exaggerated swagger, lounging about in a way that was making Shoko tense. Y/N was... a free spirit, how he was in U.A. still was beyond her. The man casually wore capitalism shirts for crying out loud!

Her lips created the motion for talking, but she froze those movements over. Initiating conversation with him would be a big mistake, so she opted to go with simple answers and wait for her time to go to the match. It was the final match of the sports festival, with Shoko feeling a bit more eager to go all out than before.

However, she felt like she was hitting her breaking point sooner than before. Per usual, Y/N's bluntness felt like a Quirk specialising in emotional damage. Somehow, every word that fell from his lips was welling something inside of her. Her body gasping at just what was Y/N to make her feel like this. She always kept to herself, never bothering with others; Shoko had her own shit to deal with! But now it was getting harder to ignore.

"Hey, hey, hey. You got a great Quirk, reminds me of that song. What was it? Something about being hot and cold, then something about yes and no. I can't remember, it feels old," Y/N rambled on,

A void of information pooled out of him as Shoko was driven more emotional with each second. Could he accelerate his thoughts anymore?! How bored was he to hound her for so long?! Why hadn't she used her Quirk to silence the blathering idiot?! Reasoning was slowly collapsing as Y/N made himself a target for her without even paying attention.

"Enough."

Y/N fell silent right at that instant. "I beg your pardon?" he said with some exaggeration, mostly joking, but honestly quite surprised; the douche sunglasses he wore made that unclear for the child of the Number 2 Pro Hero.

Y/N's back met the wall as her fingers wrapped around his collar, her body strength showing her natural training as she grounded him against the wall. "I said that's fucking enough, you blathering idiot! I'm stressed enough as it is, I don't need someone stupid and annoying like you buzzing around me!" she warned him.

"I know you've got two Quirks, but does that extend to your time of the month?" Y/N responded, ignoring her question and being his usual self. It wouldn't change for anyone.