~Chapter III: April 19th~

2 Days Later...

It was night, wherever they were in the grand ocean. Around 7pm. It was at this time Lady Elizabeth was fond of dragging Ciel and Malice around to parties. Malice did not enjoy the way Lady Elizabeth treated her: stuffing her in dresses, anything cute or vibrant, parties, dances. Malice found it unsettling. Luckily, that night, Elizabeth was much too preoccupied with Ciel. She giggled, running about the floor, his hand in her own. The young lady gasped, her gaze meeting the sweet treats neatly displayed.
"Ah! Ciel! Look, look! That cake is so cute! I will bring you some too."
Elizabeth ran off, leaving the energy drained earl. Ciel scowled at the people.
"Honestly, these nobles. They gather everyday, talking about the most irrelevant things," Ciel groaned to himself," I feel stupid to have abandoned my work to come here." Sebastian chuckled, walking over with a plate," Well then, you won't accept the marchioness invitation to give you an introduction to fencing?"
"Are you not going to let me see the face of the god of freedom?" Ciel grumbled.
Sebastian shrugged, passing Ciel the plate of scarce food.
"More importantly, Young Master. It is tonight."
"Yeah," Ciel nodded.
"It seems the convening of the 'Aurora Society' will be signalled by a waiter carrying empty glasses and walking the hall. Participants are to take a glass and then head for the meeting place."
"Don't miss that signal."
"As you wish, sir."

Snake and Malice stood close to one another, straying a little further from Ciel and Sebastian.
"See there? Just look at their skin!"
"It's like that of a snake."
"My goodness. I wonder when this place became a vulgar freak show?"
"Now, now. They will hear you, madam."
Malice glared coldly at the uttering ladies. She was not upset by it, more just angry that they had the audacity to blabber about such uncontrollable things as though it was a sin. Snake, on the other hand, was clearly beaten up by it. He trembled, staring at the floor, clenching his fists. 'Freak'...that word always left him sore.
"You're not used to crowds?" Ciel stepped over.
"We look different from everyone else, so if we're together, Smile and Black will become laughing-stocks as well...Says Donne."
Malice nodded, glaring at the floor.
"What of it?" Ciel scoffed.
Both Malice and Snake glanced up at the earl, startled.
"We're strangers, so of course we're different. What is there to be ashamed of?" Ciel raised an eyebrow, shoving a piece of food into his mouth," In any case, I'm free to choose my companions. It's nobody else's business but mine."
Sebastian set his hand on Snake's shoulder, teasingly uttering," Says Young Master. You are now the footman to a distinguished aristocrat. Carry yourself with confidence and hold your head high. As for you, Malice, my dear. You share the soul of someone deeply connected with Phantomhive, you need only show the same pride in that as any other member." 

Malice blushed slightly, glancing away; compared to Snake who turned a vibrant shade of red, biting down on his lip, happily.
"May I have a glass?"
Sebastian's gaze spun behind him. On a balcony nearby, a large man with a bushy mustache took an empty glass, walking off elsewhere.
"That is it," Sebastian uttered," The signal for the Aurora Society."
Ciel nodded at Malice," We're following him."
The Earl handed Snake his plate, rushing off with Sebastian and Malice.
"Take care of it!" Ciel called back to Snake.
The serpent man watched them, puzzled. He picked up the fork from the plate, stabbing a piece of meat and setting it in his mouth. His eyes lit up.
"Delicious..."

On the bottom deck, was a party for the lower class. They laughed merrily, playing their instruments giddily, dancing on the tables with drunken laughs.
"I'd rather have ale than any high quality demonus!" A man at a table hiccupped, ale splattering onto the table every way he swayed," You also think so, don't you!?"
"Well," Ronald chuckled, leaning back on his chair," But you have to have some refined brand name champagne if you drink with your girl!"
The reaper had his jacket tossed on the back of his chair, enjoying the way the human drunkards made themselves merry.
"Must be nice!" A brunette beside Ronald gushed, leaning eagerly on the table," I am so jealous of her!"
Ronald was used to this, since he practically flirted with every woman he met. The woman was clearly swooning over him.
"If only I had one," The reaper shrugged, indulging the woman's fantasies.
"What!? You don't have?"
Ronald winked, glancing down at his watch. It was an extremely high quality watch at that, one that often made women go weak for him more so. To have a watch like that, he had to have some cash.
"No way," The woman gasped," Is that-?"
"Even though I don't have a girl," Ronald grinned, leaning closely to her face," I have a lot of time!"
Ronald held his jug in the air.
"For our free time-- Cheers!"

The three had been forced to dress up, to hide their true identity from the Aurora Society

The three had been forced to dress up, to hide their true identity from the Aurora Society. Ciel wore a light, blonde wig; his eye-patch replaced by some bandages. Malice wore a brown wig, with a long plait; whilst wearing a green cardigan. Sebastian had hardly changed. He moved his fringe, so it hung down his left eye and simply added a ponytail extension, held by a bow. They watched the man walk to the door, having his empty glass filled with water by a server.
"So, that's where it is," Ciel gasped.
The Earl went to move, but Sebastian swiftly grabbed his shoulder.
"Please hold on. According to my information, the Aurora Society has a fixed greeting. The ones who do not know it, will be made to leave."
Ciel scowled," Say those things sooner! Well. What kind of greeting."
Sebastian gestured for Malice to come closer, whispering in both of their ears at the same time. Ciel gasped, stammering back, furiously.
"Unbelievable-! Really? Something like that?"
"If you're unable to do it, we will be exposed as outsiders," Sebastian stated," Please, do not hesitate, under any circumstances. Well then, shall we get going?"

The three stepped into the society. It was filled with whispers and snickers of nobility, who clearly had too much money to laugh about. The man they'd seen before stepped forward, staring down at the three.
"The first time, I suppose."
His voice was gruff, and his mustache moved with his lips. Ciel and Sebastian glanced at each other, anxiously, the demon nodding in reassurance.
"Th- The complete flame in our chests," Ciel mumbled.
The man responded," Shall not be extinguished by anyone."
It was as if the symbolic flames erupted.
"We are..."
"We are..."
Sebastian, Malice and Ciel burst into the signature pose. Their arms above their heads like a bird wing, their left leg up and the other firmly on the ground.
"The Phoenix!" They exclaimed.
Ciel blushed, swaying from the sheer embarrassment. What's up with this damn pose!? This can't be right! If we are wrong, everything will be ruined, Sebastian! The man stared down at them, assessing carefully; before erupting into his own phoenix pose.
"PHOENIXXXX! Welcome to the Aurora Society!"
He held his hand out.
"Here are your membership badges."
Ciel's hand trembled, taking the three badges of him," T-thanks..."