~Chapter XVII: The First Cinematic Record of Michaelis~

The occult members cried in happiness," It worked! I-It's really come!!"
The demon glanced away.
No.
"Grant me eternal wealth and life!" A member exclaimed, euphorically.
The demon glanced away. 
No.
A boy in a cage cried in pain, shaking the rusted bars with each hoarse and dying breath.
Oh? This is the one.
The demon smirked at it's new find. Ever since losing his wife and children, and losing his last master, he found himself inextricably hungry and bored.
"You have made a great sacrifice," The demon exclaimed to the child," You are free to decide whether to make a covenant with me and have your wishes granted or not. The fee for crossing has already been well paid."
The demon licked his lips, just tracing his fangs. How he'd longed for a new meal.
"I..." The boy clenched his teeth," I...I want...I want power..."
"Someone shut him up!" The occult member cried.
"POWER!" The boy screamed," TO TAKE VENGEANCE UPON THOSE WHO PUT US THROUGH ALL THIS!! DEVIL! I'LL MAKE A COVENANT WITH YOU!"
The demon smirked.
"So you will cast off the light and choose the road to hell...fine. Then let us carve the mark of the covenant onto our bodies. The more conspicuous its location, the greater the power you will be able to wield. No where do you-"
"ANYWHERE WILL DO! I WANT MORE POWER THAN ANYONE ELSE!"
The demon slid his hands through the rusted iron bars, curiously tracing the cheek below the child's right eye. His black nails danced upon his beaten skin.
"Your small frame belies your immense greed."
The demon pushed his hand so it covered both of his eyes, lulling the child's head back.
"Well, then! The mark shall reside on that great, big eye of yours, which reflects a hopeless world!"
The demon watched in hunger, as his hand clawed at the child's right eye, digging his nails in.

The demon butler stood beside the child, outside, staring as the occult building erupted into a roar of flames. The boy's right eye now encrusted with the pact, bleeding from where the demon had clawed out his iris. He wished three things of me. To protect him without betrayal until his revenge came to fruition. To obey his commands without question. And to never tell lies. For a butler to an earl to execute these tasks smartly will be no easy feat, I daresay.
"Those who attempted to ruin the Phantomhive house are somewhere out there," Ciel stated, staring at his family ring in his bloodied palm," Aunt Francis once told me that the best chance to counterattack is when the opponent makes the first move. The previous earl lost the game. This time...I won't lose. As the present head of the Phantomhive family...as Ciel Phantomhive, I will absolutely not lose!"
The demon butler covered his mouth, chuckling, slightly. Ciel peered over his shoulder, glaring at him.
"What is so funny?"
"No," The demon smirked," It is just that you ordered me never to lie, but you yourself are very much a liar."
Ciel glared at the demon bitterly, before turning away. Oh, I say. What a pain this is. However, even the full length of one lifespan of a child of man is but the blink of an eye to me. I shall be happy enough to kill time for a spell and then eat my fill.
"Well, master," The demon hummed," Let us return to your manor."
"I don't know where it is."
The demon blinked, confused.
"I don't know where we are, either. I've never been outside of the manor much. I have a relative at the royal hospital. We will go there first."
"Understood, sir."
The demon turned away, frowning. Dear, dear. I have ended up in the employ of a shockingly sheltered little master who knows not the ways of the world. Ciel gently grabbed the demon's tailcoat, tugging it, softly.
"Just a moment, devil. What is your name?"
The demon smiled," You may call me whatever you please, master."
"I want to call you by your real name, so tell me."
The demon blinked, before nodding," Then, you shall call me Sebastian Michaelis."
"Sebastian..." Ciel mumbled," I knew a Sebastian once..."
"Oh? Was this a name of one of your former servants?"
Ciel shook his head," No...it was the name of my dog."
Sebastian's eye twitched. I retract what I stated earlier. I have ended up in the employ of an outrageously wicked brat.