~Chapter X: A Veritable Parade of the Impossible~

Sebastian ran through the corridor, trying to locate the stairs, and fast. In an elevator, men thrashed the locked bars with cries.
"The water's risin' from down below! Please, let us up!"
"We're bein' attacked by strange creatures!"
"Let us out!"
"Open 'er up!"
The men in the corridor frowned," From here on's the first-class deck! Please turn back!"
"So just 'cos we're not flush, you're tellin' us to die!?"
"We can't hold them back anymore, sir!"
"Don't let them up, no matter what! Doing so will only heighten the panic above!"
Sebastian rushed past the commotion, running straight to the first-class hall, where the zombies had also managed to break in.
"L-look!" An old man trembled at the zombies," Here's a cheque! You can live in luxury when you're back on land!"
The zombies groaned, trudging closer to him, hungrily. The old man noticed Sebastian rushing past.
"Hey! You there! Servant!"
Sebastian stopped, glancing back at him with a raised brow.
"If you save me!" The old man shrieked," I'll...give this to y-!"
The old man was cut off, a zombified carriage driver, made of bones; with black steeds rushed through the old man with a cackle. Sebastian watched as it carried the old man away, not even fazed as the carriage zoomed past him, making his hair billow.
Sebastian glanced behind himself," I must hurry below."

Guests in the first class longue struggled to fend off zombies, using the chairs and tables.
"Let's go lower the lifeboats!"
"But those things are out ther-!"
The carriage zoomed past them, cackling as he charged down the hallway, the door was knocked off its hinges, letting the zombies stumble in.
"W-We're done for!"
"Do not abandon hope!" A voice cried.
Earl Grey and Phipps swooped in, Earl Grey with his usual smirk, compared to Earl Phipps with his stern gaze. They stood, backs pressed together, ready to attack.
"This is Lord Diavolo's newest toy," Earl Grey sighed.
Earl Phipps nodded," And Barbatos swore us to protect Lord Diavolo's treasures."
The two lunged forward, ready to skewer the zombies into lumps of mess and blood.
"Long live Devildom!" They roared, charging into action, " Long live Lord Diavolo!"

"Good," Grell let out an exasperated sigh, glancing around the bloody room," Now we're finished here."
Ronald nodded, checking his notebook," Next up's the third boiler room. We've gotta go five levels down."
"Uggggh! Five levels? What a pain."
Ronald snapped his notebook shut," It's almost time, so let's make it quick."
"All the same," Ronald yawned, as Grell lead, walking with her death scythe propped on her shoulder," What in the world could be making those corpses move, hmmm?"
"No idea," Grell shrugged," That's why we've got orders to look into it, right? By all rights, a body without a soul moving on it's own isn't possible...no...it wasn't possible. At least not in the world that I know."
"I see," Ronald smirked," Then all the more reason a kid like me wouldn't understand!"
"Heyyy!" Grell chided," Are you trying to say I'm a woman past her prime!?"
The two paused, hearing a strange noise. Before it hit them, both figuratively and literally, they leapt out the way; the carriage charging down the corridor; manic.
"WHAT THE HECK IS THAT!?" Ronald roared," Horses!? HOW'S THAT EVEN POSSIBLE!?"
Grell grinned," This place is a veritable parade of the 'impossible'."
As the carriage swooped past them, the two dug their death scythes into; watching it cleanly cut into two bloodied halfs.
"Hmm, not bad!" Grell giggled, manically," This is hardly the time to be playing good little girls at the village fair! Let's get our motors running and head to the next one, kid!"

Snake glanced around the overflooded room, unsure what to do. He wanted to help the others, but he was trapped.
"This way, laddie!" The worker called," Quick!"
"Where's Ryan?...Asks Oscar."
Snake jumped, hearing the sound of the whirring of cogs and metal grinding. Whilst they were distracted, Ryan had made his escape, locking himself in the elevator.
"HEYYY, WAIT-!!!...Says Oscar!"
"Ack! You bastard!" The worker seethed at Ryan," You're runnin' for it by yourself!?!"