~Chapter XXI: Finale~

Malice bobbed in the lifesaver, her limbs stiff from the subzero water. It felt as though her entire body was being stabbed all over by ice. She let out a small croak in pain, before she slid out of the lifesaver, sinking. She sunk a little, until something grabbed her by her collar, pulling her up. Malice coughed up water, being heaved up onto a small, wooden boat. She climbed in with a groan, as Sebastian swam beside the boat, holding onto the sides to steady it. Sebastian slipped off his waistcoat.
"Put it on properly, Malice," Sebastian smiled," I do apologize that I cannot prepare some hot tea for you. Please bear with this for the time being."
As Sebastian draped the jacket over Malice, the entity stared off into the distance, noticing humans struggling in the water, fighting each other for survival. Sebastian followed her gaze.
"If we go back, this boat will be dragged down as well," Sebastian sighed, pushing the boat, so he could swim it to safety," Let us depart."
The boat gently swayed as Sebastian pushed it through the gentle waves. Malice let out a shiver, her eyes drooping.
"I'm...sleepy..."
Sebastian gasped in horror," YOU MUST NOT FALL ASLEE-!"
Sebastian glanced behind him, a zombie groaned, clinging onto his leg. It bit into his leg, Sebastian grimaced as it bit on, pressing his back into the boat to kick it away whilst pushing the boat away.

Malice gasped," They can move in water! They don't need to breathe so they do not drown! That means-!"
Sebastian swiftly covered her mouth.
"Hush! Be quiet!"
Thousands of zombie heads burst from the surface of the water.
"Don't tell me..." Malice trembled," GET IN, QUICKLY, SEBASTIAN!"
A zombie roared, going to attack Malice, but Sebastian swiftly defended her. He grabbed the oar, smacking off a group of zombies head with ease.
"These will only search for souls until their bodies are no more!" Sebastian groaned," And your soul is the only living one in this vicinity!"
Malice groaned. Sebastian clutched the oar.
"We will simply stop them all here," Sebastian stated," I WILL SIMPLY EXTERMINATE THE SCUM!"
Sebastian roared, demonically, batting a couple of the boat, before leaping to hit off the next wave.
"The boat will sway! So please hold on tight!"
Sebastian skewered some of their heads off, before tearing into the next. Followed by the next. He chuckled, a demonic growl. How amusing. Sebastian smirked, blood covering his madly grinning expression. Even in death, humans continue to attempt to kick others down to obtain which they desire. What truly avaricious beings!!

 What truly avaricious beings!!

Dawn had started to set. The ocean was littered in scrap left behind of that once luxurious ship. Not only that, but loitered with the limp bodies, scattered around a small wooden boat. Sebastian panted, holding a bloodied oar.
"Is it over?" Malice winced, staring up at him.
Before Sebastian could respond, he cried in pain, clutching his chest wound tightly as he crashed on his knees.
"Sebastian!?" Malice rushed over, concerned.
"The blow of the death scythe..." Sebastian croaked," Was hard, even for me."
Malice's gaze sterned, seeing Sebastian clutch his bloody wound. It was terribly deep. She glanced down at the mourning lockets in her palm.
"The Undertaker...what was he after?" Malice sighed, softly.
"That is beyond my comprehension, but... having his possessions cannot mean good things, considering he is 'death'. As long as you keep that chain of hair lockets, I trust you will see him again. He seemed to have no intention of harming you...but I personally can do without that reunion."
Sebastian swiftly covered his mouth, coughing up more blood with a groan.
"Pardon me for being so ungraceful..." Sebastian shook his head, weakly," I am unfit to be the butler of the Phantomhive family, let alone save my child..."

Malice stared at Sebastian, feeling a twinge of sympathy for the man. He really was risking everything. The two glanced up, hearing the soft horn of something nearby.
"It's a rescue boat," Sebastian stated.
They watched as it approached, their gazes soft.
"Sebastian..." Malice muttered, as the butler gently rubbed his mouth with the back of his hand.
"What you said is wrong. I'm sure Hikari thinks so too, but you shouldn't push yourself so hard. If you do, how will you help her recover? When you return home, make sure you rest up. As her soulmate, I can say, for both of us...you did well today, Sebastian."
Sebastian stared at Malice, eyes shining and glazed over. Tears threatened fall, yet the demon held it together.
"Please stop," He chuckled, wiping his eyes dry," I cannot believe I am hearing her say these words... I would prefer not to encounter a storm after this."

Grell lay floating in the water, miserably

Grell lay floating in the water, miserably. A recognisable pruner came snapping down, picking the Grim Reaper up by her scruff.
"To think you can't even reap souls properly," William, the Grim Reaper, scoffed," Good grief."
William thrust Grell's body onto Ronald's sighing at his co-workers as they lay there, miserably in the boat.
"Did you allow laziness to get the better of you during your suspension? I'm not even part of dispatch, and yet here I am, a member of management, out in the field. I really do wish you'd give some thought into how I feel. Why, I won't be able to clock out on time once again...damn it all."
William scowled, neither of the two making any means to wake. He raised his leg, sharply bringing it into the two, stamping on them.
"Wake up! Grell Sutcliff! Ronald Knox!"
"Owwwww," Ronald whined.
Grell gasped, blushing," Oh~! Will~! You came to get meeee~!"
Grell rushed over to hug him, but William swiftly moved out of the way, Grell tripping and falling back into the water.
"I have not come here to get anybody," William grumbled, drowning Grell with his pruner," I have come here to clean up after a good-for-nothing employee who can't do his job! We will set to the work of retrieval without delay, do you hear?"

Ronald pouted," But! We're all worn out, in case you haven't noticed..."
"The duty of the Grim Reaper is to collect souls reliably and punctually, whatever the situation," William snapped.
Grell squealed," That colder-than-the-sea gaze you're leveling at me as you trample my individual rights~! It's making my body do just the opposite! I'm burning up!"
"You sure seem to be rarin' to go, Mister Sutcliff, sir," Ronald deadpanned.
"I will require you to return to headquarters and submit your report immediately after we've finished our collections here," William snapped, adjusting his glasses, as Grell stroppily prodded a piece of seaweed that lay limp on her head," Your report on the transgressor, that is."

(End of Book)