Chapter Ten

*Recap for the story*
'Lana? What are you-'
Eric's eyes look at my blood-covered hands, and they immediately widen.
'Oh, shit.'
*End of recap*

Finally, the dizziness takes over.

My body begins to fall to the ground, when I suddenly feel it instead begin to sway in the air. Two muscular arms are holding me up- one under my neck, and the other under my knees, with my head against the owner's warm chest. My body is carefully draped across a comfortable surface, a sofa of some sort, and my head propped against a pillow. I hear the sound of footsteps wandering away, and after about thirty seconds, they return. I sleepily open my eyes and look at my arms, covered in blood, but just as I realise that, a tingle spreads throughout my skin causing goosebumps to spread all across my body. Once the tingling fades, I look back at my dead arms and see them cleansed of all blood that was there before - like it never even existed.

Realising that my fairy godmother hadn't magically appeared and decided to help me, wasn't hard. I had been mad at Eric, punched the punching bag in the training room, hard. And I was now back where I started, at his apartment, only half concious, except this time I'm not mad at him. I'm grateful to him. Grateful he was here when I needed him, because, honestly, I don't know where else I could have gone. My arms are still dead, but now they're half wrapped in bandages and actually look a human colour. My knuckles are scarred and waiting to be wrapped up and taken away from all light in the world.

Both arms are wrapped now, and Eric realises that I'm awake.

'Hey there.' He says in a kind voice.

'Hey.' I reply, not really wanting to talk.

'You okay?' He asks in the soothing voice.

'Yeah.' I answer.

'Are your arms feeling better?' He continues to question me in a calm manor.

'Yeah, thanks to you.' I say. I try to lift up my arm, causing mini shocks of pain to jolt through my body. I grit my teeth to prevent myself from screaming.

'Yeah, try not to move your arms below the elbow, the way I wrapped you up keeps all of your joints in place so your bones heal correctly. If you move one thing, it moves all of the others.' He explains.

'Kay.' I reply.

'Are you dizzy or light headed?' Eric asks, concerned.

'No, I'm fine.' I pause. 'But I am a little hungry.'

Eric walks into the kitchen.

'I'll see what I've got.' He calls out.

After about three minutes, Eric comes into the room with a plate and mug in hand. He walks towards me, places the plate onto the table, and hands me the mug.

'Thank you.' I say and Eric smiles before going back into the kitchen. When he comes back out he has an identical mug to me in his hand. He plops on the sofa next to me and looks at the plate he left on the table. I pick it up and put it on my lap, taking a bite out of the sandwich he made for me. He looks at my face, seeing of it's good or not. I look at him and smile, taking another bite of the sandwich.

'Is it good then?' Eric asks.

'Yes!' I shout. 'It's yummy!'

I stuff my face and Eric laughs, causing me to smile. I place my plate back onto the table and hold my mug in both hands, the warmth spreading through my fingers. I take a sip of the brown liquid, just as Eric does, and smile.

'Hot chocolate, my favourite-' Me and Eric say in sync. I look at Eric and lift an eyebrow, our eyes making contact.

'Are you psychic, or is it just a coincidence?' I ask him. He makes a really serious face, then answers.