Episode Zero: World of RWBY

A man stood in his office, looking out a large window and into a large training room where a number of new students waited. He rested his left hand on his cane while he held a mug in his right. This man was Professor Ozpin, the Headmaster of Beacon Academy. An institute dedicated to teaching the young, new generation how to effectively become Hunters and Huntresses, and someone in this new group of students had drawn his attention. 

A young girl, age seventeen. She had neat, black and red hair, and wore a black and red corset with a white blouse, red skirt with matching shorts underneath, thigh high boots, black braces over her fingerless gloves, a black choker, and red cloak. She certainly stood out compared to the rest of her peers.

Ozpin's attention was drawn away, however, when someone had entered his office. Upon turning around he saw Professor Goodwitch, an instructor at his Academy, and he can only guess why she had arrived.

Goodwitch: "I have an issue, Headmaster." She started, stopping in front of his desk and standing tall.

Ozpin: "You are far too formal with me. Speak your mind, though." The Headmaster walked away from the window and set his mug down, wanting to give her his full attention.

Goodwitch: "I just can't understand the reason for why you want to test these students with actual Grimm. It poses a huge risk to their lives."

Ozpin: "Which is exactly the reason why I have the Professors on standby. To minimize that risk and ensure their safety."

Goodwitch: "But do you honestly expect them to handle themselves when faced with a horde of Beowolves?"

Ozpin: "I do believe that, at least for one of those students... If you doubt it, then take a look for yourself."

Professor Goodwitch walked over to the and looked down, a small gasp escaping her lips. Down below the Grimm were released, and while nearly all of them were panicking at the sudden arrival, the girl had jumped into action. She armed her oversized scythe and seemingly teleported all over the place, slicing through the Grimm with ease.

Ozpin: "Impressive, isn't she?" The Headmaster remarked, walking up to the window as well.

Goodwitch: "That girl... She looks like..."

Ozpin: "That was my thought as well. It would be a shame to stick her in a year one team... I was thinking we could move her into that third year team, now that their leader transferred out."