Episode 6: Confidants

Hajime had returned home, noticing the empty atmosphere of the cafe. His first thoughts went to where Amane and Haruka were since it was unusual for the both of them to be absent. He didn't have to wait long for his answer, though, since the echo of an Undead's voice ringed in the back of his head.

Hajime's eyes went wide and he raced down to his room, where he saw a smoke filling the stairs. The door flung open as Hajime scanned the room, watching as the purple flames burnt away all the photos he had hung. It eventually spread down to the framed picture Hajime kept on his desk.

Amane: "Oh no! That's dad's—"

Hajime: "Amane! Don't touch that!" He shouted, lunging forward and taking ahold of her body, shielding her from the flames. All the while he could hear the Undead taunting him.

...
...
...

Kotaro, Ruby, Weiss, Blake, and Yang stood around the corner of the kitchen, watching the argument between Hirose and Kenzaki unfold. It hadn't been a minute since they returned when Hirose started pacing around, shaking her head and repeating that she couldn't believe Tachibana. That she refused to believe the Chief and his researchers could release the Undead.

On the other side was Kenzaki, who Ruby had noticed seemed defeated and lost. Kenzaki tried to explain that Tachibana would have no reason to lie to any of them, and that he saw Tachibana collapse from the strain that the Rider System put on his body, which made Hirose snap.

Hirose: "So what? You're just going to take Tachibana's words to heart now!? You've given up the Will to fight just because you trust the word of someone, who need I remind you, BETRAYED YOU NOT LONG AGO!?"

Kenzaki: "I never said that!" Kenzaki couldn't help but snap, raising his voice and getting to his feet.

Kenzaki: "Don't you dare put those words into my mouth!"

Hirose: "Forget it! Since you're too naive to trust the Chief, I'll go look for him myself!" The young researcher spun around and stomped out of the house.

Kotaro: "Should we stop her?" 

Blake: "I don't think that would a smart idea."

Yang: "She seems like the kind of lady we couldn't stop even if we tried."

Ruby nodded in agreement with her group, her attention then turning over to Kenzaki who was looking out the window. She took a step closer to him, only to be startled back when he slammed his fist into the wall.

Kenzaki: "My body... The more I'll fight, the more my body will be destroyed...! Why can't she understand what I'm going through!" His body then started to shake, unable to hold back the emotions surging through him.

Ruby: "I don't think that's the case, Kenzaki."

Kotaro: "I think it's because she understands that she's going to find your Chief. After what Tachibana said, I think she realized she's been trusting the Chief blindly this whole time, so she's on her way to find her own answer."

Kenzaki glanced over his shoulder, watching as Kotaro took a seat on the couch next to him. Soon followed by Ruby, then all the others, gathering around him and watching him in turn. Not saying a single word, instead letting him stew with his thoughts. 

...
...
...

Hirose walked down a busy street, her head lost in her thoughts. As she walked aimlessly, she thought back to when she was first hired at BOARD. Her first meeting with Karasuma, one of her first meetings with the Chief, walking down an art gallery discussing the nature of the Undead. The secret behind their immortality, and if BOARD could manage to crack the secrets behind  it, then the whole of Humanity would be better off.