Chapter 3: Strangers

"Shit," I mumble, "I think I left the key in there."

"Lauren!" Mack bangs on the door.

"Mack! Shhhh! She's probably got a hangover!" I whisper.

I put my ear next to the door and listen for her snoring. Wait, that's not snoring! That bitch is up playing Battlefield.

"Lauren, get your ass up and open the door!" I say, not caring if someone tells the DA.

"Hold on," she hollers,"I'm in the zone!"

"I'll take your zone and shove it up your-"

The lock on the door clicks and it shoots open.

Lauren's hair is freshly red from when she dyed it last week, and she's got a Xbox headset on.

"You guys better be grateful," Lauren laughs, "I paused Battlefield for you guys."

"You get ten more minutes until I come in here and start playing Fifa," I reply.

"Aw, hell to the no," Lauren says, running back to the couch and pressing play.

"Aye, Law, we're going to a club tonight to watch this band play, wanna come?" Mack asks, but it's too late. Lauren is already back in playing mode.

She gets in these zones when she's playing Battlefield where the outside world like doesn't even exist.

"We'll ask her later," I laugh.

I look down at my leather watch: 11:08 AM.

Shit, I've got class at 11:30.

I jog to the door and grab my coat and a fruit roll up.

"Bye guys! Seeya this afternoon, I've got class!" I saw, stuffing the fruit roll up in my mouth, and running out the door.

.

"Ouch!" I wince, as I ram into something hard. I'm jogging from class back to the dorm, now I can have time to get ready for Luke's gig tonight.

I hit the ground, and draw in a breathe. My books scatter, along with my dignity.

I look up to see what... or who I just ran into. My eyes widen when I realize I know the person.

Calum.

The sun is right behind him when I look up, making his blonde highlights shine gold. He reaches a hand down to help me up.

I take it. His hands are big and callused, I'm guessing from playing bass. That's how Mack's are from violin.

He pulls me up with ease.

"Thanks," I say softly. I'm not sure why, but he makes me nervous.

"You in a rush to be somewhere, or do you enjoy running into strangers?" he asks, lifting an eyebrow.

"Well, technically... you're not a stranger," I murmur.

"Might as well be," Calum replies.

"Is that a bad thing?" I ask, picking up my things.

"I don't know, is it?" he asks, cooly.

"I..." I start.

"Maybe we shouldn't be."

.

I walk the rest of the way back to my dorm in shock.

"Hey," Mack says when I step in, "lavender, or burgundy crop top?"

I look down at the rest of her outfit. She has on black leather pants, the lace bra from earlier, and she has some black heels to the side. Her make up is done too. She's got on smokey eyeshadow, and dark lipstick.