Chapter 6: Don't Rain On My Parade

I groan, pushing Ellis's legs off of me.

Sometime after we started watching Netflix and eating ice cream, we fell asleep. She's snoring slightly, sprawled all over the coach.

I look over to my left. Mack is still in bed, so it can't be that late. I check the clock on my phone. The light burns my eyes, as I read the time.

10:37 AM, dang Mack must've partied harder than I thought for her to still be sleeping.

I turn my head straight ahead to try to see Lauren. She's hanging halfway off the bed, with her hair going in every direction.

Surprisingly, I didn't really drink all that much last night, so the hard rain on the metal roof doesn't slaughter my head. The rain hasn't let up since yearly this morning. So, I don't think Ellis, or anyone else for that matter, will be leaving this room anytime soon.

.

A huge boom of thunder scares me awake.

"Holy shit," I mumble.

The room around me is completely black, I can't even see my hands in front of my face.

"Mack?" I ask into the darkness.

"Yeah?" I hear her reply.

"What the hell? Is the electricity out?" I ask, feeling around for my phone.

I hear a big thud, as something heavy hits the ground. I quickly fumble for my phone and switch on the flashlight.

Lauren is lying facedown on the group, a fruit roll-up hanging out her mouth, "Morning."

I shake my head, and look in front of me for Ellis. She's still sleeping like a rock.

I look to my left for Mack, and see her trying to navigate her way around the room. She's pushed against the farthest wall of the room.

"That's better, thanks," Mack says, walking into the bathroom.

I turn the light to where it's facing in front of me, now I can see Ellis. She's still asleep, softy snoring.

"Who's that?" Lauren asks, stuffing a fruit roll up into my mouth.

"Uh, this is Ellis. We met last night at the club, and are currently wanted dead or alive by a fraternity," I nod.

"So nothing unusual, I see," she stands, and I shine the light now she can plop on the recliner.

Mack steps out the bathroom and walks to us, and sits on the ground in front of us.

"How are you?" Mack asks, "you seemed... off last night."

"It's just that... I-" I start, and Ellis yawns and opens her eyes.

"Calum is being an ass," she yawns.

"Calum?" Mack looks at me confused, "I thought that you had a thing with Luke."

"Well, I do, or I- I'm not sure," I bury my face into my hands.

Lauren gets out of the recliner, and plops down on the floor in front of my like Mack. Ellis leans on my shoulder.

"You know what you need?" Lauren asks, getting a rubber bracelet off her wrist and wrapping it around her hair.

"What?" I ask.

"Some action," she does a humping motion.

I throw a pillow at her, "I highly doubt that's going to help right now."

"She'd be in like... a love pentagon," Ellis laughs.

"Tell us about everything with Calum," Mack says, flipping the light switch on her phone on.