Chapter 7: Sex You or Protect You

"Shhh," Ellis spits.

"I don't think we really have to be that quiet, they probably can't hear us over the rain," Mack rolls her eyes.

"Chill with the tude, Mackenzie," I laugh.

"Call my Mackenzie again, and I'll rip-" Mack threatens.

"Who's there?" a male voice hollers.

"Oh, shit," Lauren mutters and we all run to the side of the apartment building.

"Anyone there?" the voice calls again. It's Luke, I can tell.

We all huddle into a cold, wet pile, as Luke's door slams shut.

"Should we still do it?" Mack asks, as Ellis thinks.

"Of course," Lauren exclaims.

"Well, I don't know," Ellis says, "what do you think, A?"

All eyes turn to me. Everyone's dripping wet, looking at me. I big mischievous grin spreads across my face.

"Let's do it," I grin. The girls burst into action, spraying temporary spray paint, throwing beads, drawing with instant mash potatoes.

Luke's door swings open, and they're all standing at it. All the girls freeze.

"Don't make any sudden movements," Lauren whispers, "and maybe they won't see us."

Mack turns to run, but Mikey comes out a sweeps her up in his arms.

"You really are getting naughty, aren't you?" I hear Michael say into Mack's ear.

"I just threw up in my mouth," I say to Ellis, and she hold back a laugh.

"Well, it's been real nice seeing all ya," I say, "but I must be on my way."

I grab Ellis's arm, and start to run, but we slam right into Lauren. I land right on top of her.

"Should we kiss now?" Lauren laughs. I shake the water off me and stand up.

Mack jumps from Michael's arms, and grabs my shoulders, "If I'm going down for this, so are you."

"Mack, come on, bud," I beg, "just take this one for the team."

"Nah," she winks, "I never was quite the team player."

"Screw that, I'm going in. Sorry, not sorry, Aspen. It's fucking freezing out here," Lauren mutters, walking up the steps into the apartment. She pushes through the boys to get in.

Calum gives her a quick glance, a jolt goes through my body.

"Fine," I mutter, letting Mack pull me in, "this is only because I'm soaking wet and possibly have hyperthermia."

Ellis follows, "I don't know these guys, but sure I'll go. Inside in a stranger's house is better than getting slaughtered by a bunch of frat boys, right?"

"Maybe not these stranger's," I mutter.

I don't even really know why I'm so mad. It's not like Calum is my boyfriend, we kissed once. That shouldn't even mean anything. But it does and there's something about him that just drives me crazy.

And Luke. Oh, Luke. I don't deserve him. He's so sweet and nice and caring. And I'm this piece of shit girl who kissed his best friend.

"What a pleasant surprise," I hear Calum whisper to Ash as I'm pulled into the door. A burst of anger shots into my body, and I give Calum a glare. He returns it with a questioning eyebrow.

"Hey, Aspen," Luke says, his voice pulling me away from Calum's eyes, "thanks for vandalizing my yard?"

"It was no problem, really," I grin. A warm genuine laugh comes from his chest. And my cheeks flare up with out me even noticing.