Chapter 10: A Harmless Game

"It's your turn, Calum," Michael says, whipping the remaining toothpaste off his face from the last dare.

"Aspen," Calum starts, "I dare you to..."

The doorbell rings, and I practically shout, "I'll get it!"

I swing the door open, never happier to see Pablo's rat 'stache face.

"Here are your 15 pizzas," Pablo says in a monotone voice, "now for my part of the deal."

I sprint to the counter, and grab a twenty dollar bill, "Thanks!"

I slam the door and Pablo screams, "This isn't enough! I didn't even get to see boobs!"

I can feel the hot grease seeping threw the cardboard onto my hands. I wince and set them on the counter.

"Bon Appetite," I say, licking a bit of grease of my finger. The boys coming crashing into the kitchen, ripping open the boxes, and shoving slices down their throats.

Mack, Ellis, and Lauren come trailing in after them.

We grab the remaining slices the boys left behind and put them onto paper towels, because apparently plates are "inconvenient" and "pointless" or so Michael says.

I begin shoveling a piece of pizza into my mouth when I see out the corner of my eye, Luke pulling his shirt off in that hot way that only guys do.

My jaw drops open at the sight of his chest and arms. My stomach drops to my toes, and I lose my appetite.

"You gonna eat that?" Michael and Lauren say in sync, both with mouths full of food.

"Don't talk with your mouth - mouths - full," Mack scolds.

"No, uh," I mumble, "you guys can have it."

I catch myself staring as Luke slips on another shirt, this one's a black tank top and torn a little at the collar and reads "Misfits."

"Hey, ugh," I stutter, "Luke."

Now I'm the nervous one.

"Yeah?" he jogs towards me.

"You changed your shirt?" I point out.

You changed your shirt? Really, Aspen?

"Oh, yeah," he laughs, looking down at it, "grease got on the other one."

"Think fast," Ashton says, throwing a beer at me. I catch it, surprisingly, and try to open it. I struggle to twist the top off, and Luke takes pity on me. So, it takes it from my hand and twists it off with ease.

"Hey," I protest, "I had that!"

"I'm sure you did," Luke laughs.

"I did! What you think cause I'm a girl, I couldn't open it? What? Are you sexist?" I joke.

"Yeah! Stick it to em!" Mack shouts.

"No, I," Luke struggles, "uh."

"I'm just joking," I punch him in the shoulder, the muscle a lot harder than I expected.

"Idea," Michael shouts, "let's play strip truth or dare."

"No wa-" Mack stars to say, but is cut off by everyone else cheering yes.

"I don't know, guys..." Mack says.

"Come on, Mom, please," Lauren begs.

"We'll let you be the Ref," I improvise.

"The Ref?" Ellis whispers.

"I don't know, I just made it up," I whisper back.

"Oh," Mack lights up, "that sounds interesting."