Chapter 4

Sorry for the long wait! (: here is chapter 4!

Conversation starter... Are any of you going to go and see the movie "The Host"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kaylee’s Point of View

   I watched as the guys face switched to fear almost immediately. The pressure on my wrists were now gone and I clasped my hand over one of my wrists. I just knew I was going to get a bruise there tomorrow…

              “Dude, I am sorry please don’t hurt me,” the guy mocked, even though you could clearly see the fear dancing in his eyes. He clearly did not hide emotions very well.

             “I gave you a warning this morning, I am done playing games with you.” James practically growled, grabbing the guy by his neck and easily tossing him into the wall. “I told you to keep your hands off her but you didn’t take my warning did you?” He grabbed his neck again and slammed his back into the wall.

               I flinched and covered my eyes, I didn’t want to see the pain that was going to appear in the guys face. He deserved it… right? Yes he does, he tried to take advantage of me! I tried to bring the anger in me out but I just couldn’t. I felt horrible for the seeing someone go through such pain.

             James punched him repeatedly in the face, surely the guy was unconscious now. Standing up he proceeded to kick him in the sides. His eyes held so much anger I thought they were going to burst into flames any second.

              I quickly walked up to him and put my hands on his chest, pushing him away from the guy with all my might. “James stop that’s enough!” I hollered, trying to keep him back. Let me tell you how hard that was considering how big and strong James is.

              “Why are you letting him get away with what he did and was about to do to you?!” James snapped at me, his body shaking badly. “Are you sticking up for him Kaylee?!”

              “I am not sticking up for him James,” I shouted back, defending myself. “I just believe that he has had enough of your beating.”

              “I don’t think so,” he replied, trying to get around me. He grabbed my shoulders and started to shove me to the side. “Get out of my way Kaylee!”

“No”

             “Kaylee I am not going to argue with you, now move!” he shouted again, pointing his finger to his left.

                I pursed my lips and held my ground, not daring to break eye contact with him. I know he is just defending me and everything but why does he have to continue beating him up when he already knocked the guy unconscious. This time I felt anger boiling inside of me, this was at the thought of an unfair fight.

               He let out a frustrated cry before grabbing handfuls of his hair. At last second he darted around me and jumped on the unconscious lump of a battered guy on the ground. I let out a startled cry and grabbed onto his shoulder and attempted to pull him off.