Season 1 Episode 1: Why are we here?

In a box canyon in the middle of nowhere, two armored soldiers stand atop a base painted red, one clad in maroon armor and the other in orange. They are Dick Simmons and Dexter Grif of red team

Simmons: "Hey."

Grif: "Yeah?"

Simmons: "You ever wonder why we're here?"

Grif: "It's one of life's greatest mysteries, isn't it? Why are we here? I mean, are we the product of some cosmic coincidence, or is there really a God watching everything? You know, with a plan for us and stuff. I don't know, man, but it keeps me up at night."

Both stare at each other in utter silence.

Simmons: "What? I meant why are we out here in this canyon?"

Grif: "Oh. Uh...yeah."

Simmons: "What was all that stuff about god?

Grif: "Uh...Hm? Nothing."

Simmons: "You wanna talk about it?"

Grif: "No."

Simmons: "You sure?"

Grif: "Yeah."

Simmons: "Seriously though, why are we out here? As far as I can tell, it's just a box canyon in the middle of nowhere. No way in or out."

Grif: "Mm-hmm."

Simmons: "The only reason that we set up a Red Base here, is because they have a Blue Base over there. And the only reason they have a Blue Base over there, is because we have a Red Base here."

???: "That's because we're fighting each other." A husky voice says

Grif and Simmons both turn in the direction of the new voice to see another soldier, clad in crimson armor, walking over.

Simmons: "Hey, Chambers."

Erica: "Simmons, how many times do I have to tell you? Call me Erica. Calling me by my last name's too professional for me." She says

Simmons: "Right, sorry." He apologizes, then turns back to Grif "Anyways, what I meant was that, even if we were to pull out today, and if they would come take our base, they would have two bases in the middle of a box canyon. Whoopdee-fucking-doo."

Grif: "What's up with that anyway? I mean, I signed on to fight some aliens. Next thing I know, Master Chief blows up the whole Covenant armada and I'm stuck in the middle of nowhere, fighting a bunch of blue guys."

From atop a nearby cliff, three soldiers watch the red base. One of them wields a sniper rifle and is wearing cobalt armor. The second one, wearing aqua armor, stands behind him. The third, a female, stands next to the aqua one and is holding a M6D pistol and is wearing ice blue armor. They are Leonard Church, Lavernius Tucker, and Sofia Bell.

Tucker: "What are they doing?"

Church turns to Tucker while lowering his rifle

Church: "What?" He asks in an aggravated tone

Tucker: "I said, what are they doing now?"

Church: "God damn, I'm getting so sick of answering that question!"

Tucker: "You have the fucking rifle, I can't see shit. Don't bitch at me because I'm not going to just sit up here and play with my dick."

Bell: "Does your helmet not have a camera with a zoom in it?" She asks, her voice having a French accent

Tucker: "What?"

Church: "Camera? Your helmet has a camera in it?" He asks as Bell nods

Bell: "I mainly just use it to take photos of birds."

Tucker: "What?! How come her helmet has a camera, and I still can't see shit?!"

Bell: "Sorry."

Church: "Okay look, Tucker." He looks at Tucker as he starts getting frustrated "They're just standing there and talking, okay? That's all they're doing. That's all they ever do, is just stand there and talk. That's what they were doing last week, that's what they were doing when you asked me five minutes ago. So, five minutes from now, when you ask me, "What are they doing?" my answer's gonna be, "They're still just talking, and they're still just standing there!"

Tucker looks down at red base, then back to Church.

Tucker: "What are they talking about?"

Church: "You know what? I fucking hate you."

Bell: "Church, we should be nice."

Church: "Shut up, Bell."

Bell: "Yes, sir."

Back with Simmons and Grif, they're still just standing there and talking.

Grif: "Talk about a waste of resources. I mean, we should be out there finding new and intelligent forms of life... you know, fight them."

Simmons: "Yeah, no shit. That's why they should put us in charge."

At the bottom of the base, a soldier in standard red armor walks out and looks up at the three soldiers. He is the sergeant of red team, Sarge

Sarge: "Ladies, front and center on the double."

Erica: "Shit."

Grif: "Yes, sir!"

————————

Word count: 905

Hey, everyone. I know I've been gone for over a year, I'm deeply sorry. I have no excuse. I hope I can make up for it with this new story. And another story I have planned, but that's for later

If you have any ideas about the new oc, Erica, I'd really love to hear them. And as always, I hope ye enjoy

I don't own Bell. She belongs to my friend, Baxterbro along with any other ocs that'll show up, who'll I'll mention when the time comes
Go and check out his stories, they're really great.

I don't own Red Vs Blue or its characters. They're property of Rooster Teeth.

I only own Erica, and some other ocs that'll show up later on.

Once again, I apologize.