Three

Morning did not go so well. Padme woke up to the sound of Jennifer's voice.

"We're going to be late for Defense against the Dark Arts! Hurry up! You've already missed breakfast! Come on! Wake up!"

Less than 4 hours of sleep did not work well with Padme. She slowly opened her eyes and tried her best to pretend she was rushing, however, Jen was not convinced.

"I'm leaving without you!"

"No, please wait," begged Padme

"Then hurry up!"

"But I'm tired..."

"Serves you right, coming back here at half past three in the morning! What were you doing out so late?"

"I was..." she started

"Yes?"

"Tutoring Potter!"

"With Al and Anakin? I doubt it."

"How did you..."

"I heard you arguing in the common room before you came to bed."

"Weren't you sleeping?"

"The noise woke me up."

"That means all of the dorm must've heard us!"

"So what?"

"Did you hear what we were talking about?"

"Something about a creature, I think..."

"Did you hear any more about that creature?" asked Padme afraid that her friend would find out about her new giant pet snake.

"Al is his master, that's all I could make out. So what kind of creature is it?"

"Oh...right, Kreacher! He's Al's house elf."

"I didn't know he had a house elf!" said Jennifer

"Neither did I, until yesterday."

"Come on! We're going to be late!"

As Jen predicted they were both late to class but the teacher was kind enough to let them attend his class nonetheless.

"We got lucky," Jen said

"No, last time I was late I told Professor Brigham quite a long story about why I was late and it lasted almost 'til the end of class. I think he just wanted to avoid me telling him another of my wondrous tales," corrected Padme

"Wonderful. Now we better listen or he'll be..."

"Black," whispered James

"What do you want?" she whispered back

"Tutoring. Tonight at seven. Library."

"We can't talk at the library! How am I supposed to tutor you without talking?"

"Fine. Let's meet in an empty classroom. How about Charms?"

"Don't be late."

"Shut it you two," whispered Jen.

The rest of the day went by smoothly until lunch when Quidditch try-outs for the Slytherin team had been settled. Padme quickly ate a sandwich and ran to get changed with Jen. When they arrived at the Quidditch field, most of the people were already there. Four first years were there, along with two boys from second year and five third years. Two fourth years, three fifth years and a seventh year were already there as well. Jen and Padme were the only sixth years and Al and Scorpius were among the fifth years. Padme looked through the third years searching for her brother. That idiot was late. Like always. She was going to start without him.