FOURTEEN

Padme was sitting with Scorpius in the library, doing homework, when Rose came barging in.

"Guys! Guys! I know what she wants to do!"

Padme and Scorpius looked at her with nothing but confusion in their eyes.

"Who's she?" asked Scorpius.

"Who's guys?" joked Padme.

"Very clever, ha-ha," said Scorpius sarcastically as he rolled his eyes.

"I'm talking about McGonagall, well Umbridge. I know what she has planned out to do!" whispered Rose.

"And that is..."

"Well, I don't exactly know, but I've figured out part of her plan. She's putting students under the Imperio Curse one at a time!"

"Why would she want to do that?" asked Scorpius.

"She wants to create some kind of army!" yelled Padme.

"Shush! We're in a library," warned Rose, "but what would she need an army for?"

"Well, from what I heard, she seemed like a pretty big control freak. What could give her the most power?" whispered Padme.

"She wants to take over the Ministry of Magic! No one would dare hurt innocent Hogwarts kids, especially not if they're under a spell! She plans to curse us one by one and then make us do all the dirty work for her!" exclaimed Rose.

"I'm sorry, but how do you even know she put some students under the Imperio curse?" asked Padme.

"I've noticed a couple of kids acting weird and so I looked up their behaviour, and turns out, that's how you behave under the curse! Power of books, my friend!"

Rose was smart. Was she was saying made sense and Padme mentally scolded herself for not noticing the weird acting students too.

"But what are we going to do?" asked Scorpius.

"Council?" suggested Rose.

"Not again," moaned Padme, "We have to stop talking and start acting!"

"True," agreed Rose.

"Rose, I think you and I should do some research and figure out how to reveal someone who's taking Polyjuice Potion. Then, we reveal her to the teachers and they'll take care of her. Meanwhile, Padme, you and the others can try to figure out where McGonagall is!" suggested Scorpius.

"That's a very interesting plan, but I have a better one. Yours is going to take forever," said Padme.

"Then what do you suggest?" asked Rose.

"Simple and easy. We distract her, know her out, take away her Polyjuice potion flask and her wand, take her to the Room of Requirements, tie her up and finally ask her where on Merlin's hat she put the real McGonagall!"

"That's risky, but admitting your plan works until the tying her up part, do you really expect her to just hand herself over and deliver McGonagall?" asked Scorpius

"For the McGonagall part, if she doesn't speak, I'll just use Legilimency. Now for the handing over part-"

"You're a Legilimens?" gasped Rose.

"Didn't you know? Anakin too, our auntie taught us!"

"First the Parseltongue, now Legilimency, sounds a lot like Voldemort to m..." Scorpius stopped after seeing the look on Padme's face.

Padme stood up and packed her things as Rose hit Scorpius on the shoulder.

"He didn't mean it like that! He was only joking..." started Rose.