TWELVE

The train ride back to King's Cross was too short. Padme and Jen sat together talking about everything they could possibly think of. When the train stopped and both girls got off and looked for Jennifer's mother. They spotted her in a tight hot blue dress and very high heels, reading a magazine on a bench. Jennifer waved.

"Mum!" she cried

"My baby girl!" cried her mother, pulling Jennifer in for a hug.

Padme had seen Jennifer's mother many times, but the resemblance struck her every single time. As Jennifer and her mother pulled away, Padme awkwardly stood there, not knowing what to say.

"Hi!" she finally decided on saying.

"Hi, Padme. It's been such a long time! It's nice of you to spare my daughter this Christmas so she can spend it with her mommy!" Jennifer's mother said

"I'm really glad you both get to spend time together," she answered.

"Me too!" said Jen

"Now, if you'll please excuse me I have a brother to go looking for! Bye, Jen. Have a wonderful Christmas time!"

"You too! Have fun on the boat!"

Both friends hugged and Padme left to go find her little brother.

She found him already chatting with their aunt, Angelica. As soon as her aunt saw her, she went to embrace her.

"How are you? How was school? I've missed you so much!"

"I've missed you too, auntie Angelica!" said Padme

"Let's go, you'll have time to tell me all about school in the car! The house has been really quiet when you both were gone," said Angelica as she pulled away from her niece.

Dragging their huge trunks, Anakin and Padme followed their aunt out of King's Cross as she looked for her yellow fiat. As all three of them were raising themselves on their toes to see above the many heads, Padme felt something grab her wrist.

"I hope you didn't think I'd let you leave without saying goodbye," said James Potter as he pulled Padme closer, resting his hands on her hips. She put her arms around his neck and put her mouth to his.

When they pulled apart, Padme's aunt was staring with huge eyes, mouth opened wide, completely bewildered.

"This is new," she said blinking as if she thought what she had seen was only an illusion.

The rest of the Potter family came along and Anakin and Padme had a chance to say goodbye to Albus and Lily. Padme noticed how Al and his father looked almost exactly the same. As she was noticing the similarities between father and son, Harry Potter spoke:

"You must be Padme Black," he started

"I am," she answered not knowing what to say besides that.

"James, he spoke about your curious ancestry," he whispered.

She starred at him not knowing why he was bringing this up. She started regretting letting James inform his dad about her connection with Voldemort and with the house of Black. Harry Potter was James' father, but did he trust her just as much as James did? Would he try to attack her and her brother or send them to Azkaban?

She glanced quickly at Anakin, who looked nervous, and her aunt, who looked impatient. She looked back at James' father.

"What about it?" she asked quietly.

"Don't worry, your secret is safe with me," he said, smiling genuinely.

At that moment, Angelica excused them and left with both siblings mumbling something about being late for boarding. Padme turned around one last time and blew a kiss to James saying "Merry Christmas!"