NINE

The first few snowflakes decorated Hogsmeade and made it sparkle under the sun. The last few week of November were almost over and Padme was walking towards the Three Broomsticks with her fellow Slytherins, Alexander Zabini and Simon Carter.

"Can we stop at Honeydukes after that?" asked Simon.

"Your parents send you sweets every single week. How can you possibly want more?" asked Padme.

"He's always eating, I bet he hasn't got any left!" laughed Alexander.

"Speaking of parents sending stuff, did you open your letter, Padme?" asked Simon

"No yet. I'm used to my mum sending Howlers only so a normal letter is a bit odd. I'll open it tonight with Ani," she answered.

"If by any chance there's food in there, feel free to share," added Simon.

"Have you seen the envelope? How could anyone fit food in there?" asked Alexander

"Have you heard of MAGIC?" said Simon

Alexander was about to reply but was abruptly interrupted by Albus.

"Hey! Can I talk to you, Padme?" he asked.

"Yeah, of course. I'm sorry, see you guys later!" said Padme wondering what was happening. It looked like it was urgent.

"No problem! We'll go spy on Jen's date with Finnegan without you," laughed Alexander

"Can we still stop at Honeydukes?" Simon asked as they were leaving.

"What it is?" asked Padme.

"Come with me," said Al.

He dragged her inside the Three Broomsticks and sat down at a table with Rose and Scorpius. She did the same.

"Look at her," said Scorpius.

"Who's her?" asked Padme.

"McGonagall!" answered Rose as if the answer was so obvious.

"What about her?" asked Padme.

"She's drinking tea," said Al as if it explained everything.

"How is that abnormal?"

"Look at the way she's drinking it," said Rose

She was holding the teacup with her pinky raised and was sipping noisily with a weird smirk on her face.

"Her behaviour is really disturbing," admitted Padme.

"Any clue why?" asked Al.

"Not really," admitted Scorpius and Rose

"Wait, look," Padme whispered, motioning them to look at McGonagall.

"What is she pouring in her cup?" asked Al.

"If I knew I would've told you," said Padme.

"More milk maybe?" suggested Scorpius.

"Sugar?" suggested Rose.

"I don't think so," said Padme.

"Then, what could it be?" asked Rose.

"Well, I guess our spies are going to have some work to do!" said Padme.