1. "Should I forget him now?"

"Should I forget him now?"

19 September, 2023

Between a dark forest, the giggles, howling & mumbling are echoing as some students are playing near a lake at the midnight. These students are here for camping, today is their last day so all of them are enjoying completely for the last time.

They all are sitting around the bonfire, the moonlight is spreading its magic on this moment. The clear sky with so many shiny stars are making this moment so pleasant. At some distance, there are few tents lying on a sequence. The sound of flowing water is just like the old chanting rhyme of a sad lovers for his beloved' farewell.

The silence of this night, the magic of this moonlight, the twinkling aura of stars & the flowing song of river is drowning someone's heart.

A girl, sitting far from the noises, staring at the beautiful but drenched night sky smiling herself, engrossed into thoughts, someone's thoughts or his thoughts.

"You must be staring at the moon, right!", she said still not turning her gaze away. She smiled, once again when she saw a star falling. She immediately joined her both hands together, closed her eyes & started mumbling something.

Soon, she opened her eyes only to see a silhouette of someone standing near the edge of a river. It was looking like a man' silhouette, but she didn't know whose is it.

She turned around when she heard a girly voice, "Why are you sitting here?", the girl asked her while coming towards her.

Mehula was sitting on a rock that was right beneath a tree. She left a deep sigh when she saw that girl sitting beside her.

"You told me that you will not stay like this, but look you are still sitting here all alone", the girl said sadly with a frown on her face.

"Mehula are you still thinking about him?", she asked while looking at her, but in a serious tone this time.

"Maybe", Mehula replied not daring to look at her. Her gaze, her whole focus was still on that guy' silhuouette, she herself didn't know the reason why her gaze is stitched to him.

"Where are you looking?", that girl said awfully. "Look Mehula you don't know where he is now nor you know his name then why are you still waiting for him. Its not like he did some kind of promises to come back.", she added to let her concern out.

"You both never even talked, Mehula.", she said while saying every single word carefully, this time she held her arm & made her turn towards her, only to face her.

Mehula's face was totally expressionless. But the moonlight was making the water visible that she was holding inside her eyes.

"Mehula just stop all this. You can't ignore the whole world for him. You can't let his memories ruin you", she said slowly almost a whisper, she was trying her best to convince Mehula, but little did she know Mehula has already drowned into the ocean of his memories, she is still struggling between her regret, regret of not talking to him once.

"He isn't ruining me, Jiya", finally Mehula said while trying to freeze those unwanted tears into her eyes. "You just want me to move on, right?", she asked Jiya while turning her gaze towards the moon that was shining like a pearl nailed on the crown & the crown was this night sky.