7. "Dandelion"

Her eyes were busy in observing the warm bright sparkle in his eyes, but little did she know how things are going to change her entire life? How he is going to affect her existence?

He wasn't looking at her but at the leaves of walnut tree, the leaves were not fresh or green as before, they had turned little brownish & slight red; they were not looking soft as before, they had turned rigid; they were dancing, moving carefree in the spell of this month's breeze.

They are enjoying it, loving it now but little did they know, this same breeze has the ability to shed them off? I wonder, are they really aware of this truth?

He smiled wider, but something took far the bright, warm sparkleness from his eyes, his cheek muscles & jaw depressed a little. Sliding the hands into the pocket of his trouser. He seemed lost at that moment, losing the desire to breath still forcing himself to inhale one last- repeating same thing from the past decades & still repeating it. Only in the hope of falling for this ruthless breeze someday.

He gulped off the lump & shifted his gaze to the small, little figure of dandelion looking at him with confusion filled eyes & some hints of eagerness. This time his depressed muscles relaxed a little or maybe completely. His eyes got back their lost soft spark & released his oppressive breath, but don't know how it got replaced by a peaceful one.

“Can I ask you something?”, a soothing lullaby echoed into his ear same like the cheerful melodic voice of every early spring bird- but it wasn't the spring. It was the beginning of disastrous season which is about to ruin the innocence & gentleness of nature.

“Its okay if you don't want to answer. I'm sorry for whatever mess I created & for everything & also Thankyou for -everything.”, again she said but this time her eyes were carrying the disappointment & remorse. The eyes which were gently peeking into his few minutes ago are now looking at everything but not at him & this is making him sick all over again. 

The voice which was sounding like the voice of one of spring bird was now sounding like a faint, lifeless whisper of a bird which is struggling for his life in disastrous winter & I hate winter. I hate everything which is behind the destruction of beautiful spring & right now this little dandelion is my spring.

She once again shifted her gaze to him & only ended up neglecting the universal law of breathing. Once again, he is the reason behind her ignorance. The weird dark fear was reflecting into his beautiful eyes, but those weren't scary. Only the word sympathy was hovering between them & don't know why.

Don't tell me, he still hate me? ofcourse not, Mehula.

But what if he is taking me as a playgirl? But it was just a mere misunderstanding or maybe only I mistook to think like this, but what if it is like how I'm thinking from last two years?

“Come with me”, he said before pulling her gently by her wrist & without asking anything she let him lead.

The alley was small as they were passing through it, but she was busy in observing the things around it. The beautiful long trees, the bright warm sun smiling at her from the clear blue sky. White butterflies flying & some resting on the petal of beautiful wildflowers. The voice of vehicles coming from a distance & the whistles of breeze were sounding more like a background music, once again.

The time was passing with their every single step & her smile & the hope for this moment to stay as long as it could was also widening. Everything was seeming so similar to the scenes of one of her favourite novels. She always wished for those scenes to come true & right now it was happening with her favourite person, with her ‘Rondu Shakal’.