9. "Falling or already Fell?"

30th of Sept, 2023

Clear blue sky with sun shining brightly into its embrace, the moderate breeze hugging him tightly as he was standing in the balcony, shirtless only in sweatpants . His eyes were closed & muscles were relaxed suddenly heard a whisper near his ear which made him smile. It was the whisper of wind: confessing her feelings to him.

He opened his eyes slightly & the leaves were mumbling, dancing, giggling beneath the spell of wind. There is something about the wind or it is just about today's! Then his mind replayed her smile, the sparkle in her eyes, the peace of her voice; now she was filled into his mind & he can't throw her out or maybe he don't want to.

He held the cup that was resting at the edge of parapet & took a sip of sweet coffee. It was indeed sweet for him, today. He was engrossed into his own feath, but the ringing sound of his cell phone bought him back to his senses.

He walked inside his room & took the cell phone that was placed on the nightstand then he sighed a little when he read the name. "What?", he asked carelessly after receiving it while taking another sip, but this time he found it bitter, not sweet as before.

"Are you planning to die?", a manly voice from the other side asked in serious tone.

"What made you think this?", Ishan asked as he sat down on the couch relaxedly.

"Then why are still siting on that shitty couch? Are you not going to come? Don't forget we have to go somewhere. We have so much work, Ishan.", the boy from the other side of receiver said in frustrating tone.

"I'm not in mood. I have plans", Ishan said without caring about his frustration that was dripping down from his words.

"Where are you supposed to go at this morning hour? Ishan, I'm telling- no I'm warning you, don't do anything stupid, okay?".

"You are thinking too much Atharva.", he said carelessly while putting down cup on the surface of  glass table & went towards the cupboard to pull some clothes out as he was still roaming shirtlessly.

"10 minutes & we are leaving, Ishan. & I want you to reach there before us.", with his last sentence he hanged up the call.

Ishan released a sigh of irritation & pulled out the white half sleeved t-shirt with beige cloth pants. He went inside the bathroom & took a quick cold shower then put on the clothes & wore white sneakers, grabbed the bag & rushed out the door.

. . . . .

He was standing outside the gate of 'Glorious San Girls School', he entered inside & saw Atharva waving at him from a distance as he walked further, he could hear the manly voice blabbering something but he wasn't willing to hear or understand as he was walking through a meadow & beside the meadow, assembly ground was filled with girls & teachers, but he wasn't interested in looking there.

As he arrived near Atharva, he looked at him coldly & asked him about the Professor. Then they both went inside the lab, where Professor Dhar was arranging some papers into the file.

The lab was big filled with numerous chairs, a projector resting at the wall & a whiteboard beside it. Blue curtains swinging lifelessly, the walls were painted with indigo colour. He went near the projector where the dice was resting.

The professor looked up by the sudden noise of footsteps & greeted him with a light smile & in turn Ishan greeted him with words.

"Athrava, give him that file & Ishan look at it carefully.", Professor Dhar said who was in his late 40s, he was the Professor of Business & here they came to give some special lectures to students who were interested in vocational subjects.