8. "Giggles of reality"

30th of September, 2023

The sun was not bright like yesterday. It was veiled by clouds: black & white caging the sunrays into their cage, not letting them spread their warmness & brightness. Sometimes nature shows us some truth of our lives which we kept denying cause we don't want to accept it. But truth is always truth even if its cruel or bitter.

It was 7:30 am, Mehula standing near the window looking out the sky from the glass. She was supposed to be happy, right? But because of some reasons she wasn't.

Last night, she was studying at the bookstore- not really caring about the time. When the moonlight kissed her eyes through glass window, she smiled a little & decided to go back to dorm. Packing her books & tieing her bag to her arm, she left the bookstore.

The city was empty, only the greeting of crickets & some other insects were present there. As she was walking on the sideways: taking small steps staring at the beautiful sky, beautiful moonlight showing her way.

She was supposed to hate the moon, right? Still, she adore it. Behind her likeness for things- are connected with some special memories, some special person & its weird after hating those person or memories she can't hate the things which she started adoring because of those memories or person.

Few voices snapped out her from her thoughts, it was some mumbling sound of groggy men. She fastened her footsteps as the mumbles started sounding clear. She clenched her hands into a fist only to prevent the shakiness. Her legs started to tremble, her chest tightening, the breath getting uneven. Some vague flashes of past memories started covering her eyesight.

It made things difficult for her to see. Weird blurry black & white scenes started replaying into her mind: a man screaming, shouting with shattering voice cause of the affect of intoxication. A woman trying to shout back with same rage with tears filled eyes, a child trying to hide behind that woman with teary eyes, holding the hem of that woman' sleeve. Trembling small figure looking at that man with anger & fear.  
                          That same man shouting more loudly, using abusive words & trying to pull that kid out of the room. That same kid screaming for that woman' help who was herself locked into that room with that  man.
                    That man looking at the child with deadly eyes: showing the desire to take that little ones life. Shouting at him, screaming at him, the kid crying silently, heart pumping with fear, wanting to die. Hoping for his parents to come & take him back home, but they never saved him.

Tears started running out from her eyes as she tried her best to catch enough breath to erase the suffocation she was feeling into her chest. She was trying her best to breath, trying to survive only that time, only that time.

One more breath, Just one more minute, Just one more day, One more try, Mehula!

At present moment, she was still staring out at the lifeless sky. Yesterday, it was alive, bright, happy, but today its looking lifeless, unhappy just like me. Past always haunts you, no matter how hard you try to run from it.

I was also trying to run & I'm still trying.

🍃

Mehula, where were you yesterday & the night before yesterday?“, Amira asked her, sitting on the dinning table, putting her plate down at mess.

“You know what?”, Mehula said, trying to replace the sadness & suffocation with excitement & happiness.

“Don't tell me, you again saw your ‘ghosty love’!”, Jiya said, taking the seat next to Mehula.