5. "Swirling to the past, to make it future"

"Swirling to the past, to make it future"

"I can't go.", Jiya said while coming out from changing room. "Why? What's the matter, now?", Sara asked her while erasing the distance between her brows. Her voice was full of irritation & anger.

"This dress- its not fitting me well", Jiya again tried to pull the zip of her dress by force, but it ended up breaking down.

"I can't go, now."

"I told you to come with us, but you always want that princess treatment- We aren't going to quit this plan", Amira stated before walking out of the room in anger.

Jiya went towards the changing room while rolling her eyes. Few minutes later she came back & now her eyes were watery. But no one dared to ask the reason as all were well aware of it.

"You can wear mine- I hate this colour", Mehula offered her the dress she was holding in her hand. It was black dress with v-neck & elbow bishop sleeves along with deep back; beautifully embraced with silver linings & tiny stones.

"What will you wear, then?", Jiya asked. Her eyes were red, her nose was red, but her voice was stern.

"I have another one. So don't worry about me- Go & wear it hurrily. We don't have much time".

Mehula handed it to her but she was still not taking it. After releasing a sigh she pushed her inside the changing room along with that dress.

"You are planning to skip it, Right?", Mrs. Pinto asked Mehula while turning her around.

"Maybe & I don't have any reason to go. You know social anxiety."

"Still, These moments are for fun; These days are for enjoyment, but you are ruining them, dear.", Mrs. Pinto stated while uplifting her specs.

"I don't find them enjoyable", Mehula stated while shrugging her arms.

"Do whatever you want to do. We are waiting outside", Sara stated before heading out of room & Siya also followed her.

"Aunt, Take care of the matter for me. I've to stop somewhere.", Mehula said while grabbing her schoolbag & passing a small smile towards Mrs. Pinto & in turn Mrs. Pinto smile sadly.

----

Shaddy sky, sun almost setting beyond the horizons. Chirping of crickets & rhythmic flapping wings of dragonflies- making everything peaceful, but announcing the death of hopeful sun & Mehula hates it. She hates the evening, nights- she hate everything that snatches the warmess of sunrays from her.

She was walking aimlessly on the streets - lonely, dull, creepy but peaceful. Sadness dripping from the sky; embracing the surface of earth; mourning screams winds whispering; horrible events hiding the fragile leaves; soothing tantrums holding stones & bricks; tall buildings glaring at her with pity eyes, her own breath betraying her & her own heart killing her - shattered her hope into vain.

Every single touch of wind against her bare skin made her feel the reality of her life. No matter how hard someone tries to neglect the reality - reality always slaps him hard only to make him aware of its existence & right now Mehula was bearing the pain of reality' slap. But it was hard for her to accept it, to accept the truth.

She gulped down the limp when she felt the warm flow, sliding down to her cheeks. One thing was also mystery to her - back then her first tear used to slide from her left eyes, but now it slips from right eyes. Why everything is changing now? Why life is pushing her so hard?