Chapter 4 ꥟

Flash Back//

The masked men Seized Elijah. They grabbed him and dragged him back out of the hallway. Elijah moved frantically, trying to claw away.

He was dragged to the middle of the completely trashed Banquet Hall and dropped by a bunch of other people. Some quests, some workers of the castle. Elijah looked at the small group of people. At most 7 people were left out of the hundreds that had started the night there.

Elijah looked around, the ceiling was partly blown in, along with the wall and parts of the floor. People lay everywhere, face down not moving. Elijah looked next to him and saw a younger woman hunched over praying frantically.

"Is this it?" A voice asked, standing in front of them all. Another person stood next to him, taking glances at Elijah.

"Yes." Another voice replied, walking up to the other.

The man who stood in front of them moved his mask down. He was a rugged older man. He stood tall, dropping the mask on the floor.

He walked up to each person, looking them over. He got to Elijah and scoffed. He looked behind him and back at Elijah.
"Is this him?"

Elijah looked up at the man and furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. He looked around confused.

Another person walked forward. He removed his mask quickly and smiled wide. "Elijah."

Elijah looked at the person and his chest rose with disbelief. "Ethan?" He whispered.

"So it is?" The man asked, turning to Ethan.

Ethan looked at the older man and his smile went away. "Yes, this is him."

The older man looked back at Elijah. "Get up."

Elijah slowly stood up, keeping his eyes on Ethan's. He looked so different. Sub had told him he would see him, but he didn't believe it.

The older man grabbed Elijah's face and yanked him forward. He moved Elijah's face, looking him over. His grip was rough, and Elijah grabbed his hands breathing heavily.

The older man looked at Elijah's reaction and let go. He scoffed and turned to Ethan. "Are you serious?"

Ethan cringed. "Please, Percy. I know he looks.. wimpy but-"

"I can't have him with Deliverance." Percy laughed. He pointed at Elijah. "Look at him."

"Why?" Ethan asked.

"Look at him. Even considering someone who worked for the people we want to get rid of? He could be a liability. A snitch." Percy Snapped.

"He won't," Ethan swore.

"He's flinching just by me grabbing his face." Percy laughed. "I know you've been through.. a lot but it's been ages."

Ethan opened his mouth to rebuttal but he looked over at Elijah. He swallowed what he was going to say. "Please. Please don't kill him. I'll keep advisory over him, I'll make sure he doesn't do anything."

"Kill?" The woman next to Elijah whispered. She stood up. "You're going to kill us?! After all this?!" She exclaimed, gesturing around.

Percy looked at the woman and glared at Ethan. "Fucking A."

"Why does he get to live and we don't?!" The woman exclaimed.

Elijah turned around and back at Percy. He didn't want to die, but he would rather die than join whatever Ethan and Percy were doing.

Percy motioned forward multiple masked men. He looked at Elijah and turned back to Ethan. He groaned. "If he does... anything. I mean anything. I will kill him myself. I don't want one scrawny nobody tearing down Deliverance because you couldn't grow a pair." Percy snapped.