Chapter 6 ꥟

Alex sat on his bed staring outside. He was actually king now. It wasn't just a random title he was actually king. He had to actually lead a kingdom now. He had guards standing near his door as he sat by himself in his huge room. He got up from his bed and walked out onto his balcony. He leaned against it, looking down upon his kingdom.

His bedroom door creaked open. He looked over his shoulder and Denis walked inside.  Denis was dressed more comfortably like he was leaving. "Hey, I wanted to see how you were before I left for the day."

Alex turned back and faced the town. "I'm good." He replied softly.

Denis set his bag on the floor and walked up to Alex. "Really?"

Alex nodded. "Yeah, Really."

Denis walked beside him, closing the balcony doors. He leaned against the balcony alongside Alex and looked at him, scanning his face. "I saw you looking through the crowd."

Alex smiled sheepishly. "Yeah."

"What were you looking for?" Denis asked.

Alex shrugged. "Deliverance people.. looking at the people I'd have to take care of.. and.." He trailed off.

"And?" Denis asked, leaning closer.

"Him." Alex whispered, looking at Denis. "Just in case."

Denis frowned slightly and sighed. "You didn't see him?"

Alex shook his head. "No." He sighed. "I thought, maybe he'd come to see it and I could see that he was... alive."

Denis tapped the balcony. "I think you need to get over him."

Alex shot a glare at Denis. "What?"

"I mean it in a nice way. It's been three years. You talked to him.. 2 days?" Denis replied softly. "I mean.. you worry so much about him when you barely knew him."

Alex didn't reply. He crossed his arms and looked down at the ground. He cleared his throat. "I know, but he saved my life. If it wasn't for him and his house, I wouldn't be here. I enjoyed his presence a lot."

Denis kissed his teeth and sighed. "But would he feel the same way?" He tapped Alex's arm. "You said he didn't like you at first and how arrogant he was in the beginning."

Alex nodded. "It got better. Why else would he save me?"

"Because that's what good people do," Denis said, sighing. "Just because he saved you doesn't mean he likes you. Does he even like guys?"

Alex took a big breath. "I don't know."

Denis looked away from Alex and sighed. "Plus, we don't know if he's alive."

"Don't say that," Alex mumbled. "Please."

Denis looked back at Alex and opened his mouth. Alex was covering his face with his hand and wiping under his eye. Denis closed his mouth and looked ahead. "Okay."

A moment of silence passed and Denis cleared his throat. "You can't blame yourself for, if he died, his death."

Alex shook his head. "He pushed me into the vent and told me to leave. If he didn't... like me.. then it was pressured on him to save me. He would have.. killed himself.. for me." Alex shuddered.

Denis shook his head. "That's not what I meant-"

Alex gestured his hands for him to stop. He wiped his nose and looked away. He rubbed his hands on his pants trying to calm himself down. Denis stood and stared at him with a worried look. Alex took a big breath and turned back around. "It's getting late." He replied softly. He cleared his throat and opened the doors again, walking back inside.