↳˗ˏˋfiveˊˎ˗ ↴

duncan was sitting in the crowd of people to watch this art show. he had no clue what or how art worked.

the only things that mattered to him were college, football and it was gwen, not anymore though.

he was trying to resist the urge of just leaving and ghosting courtney, but he didn't want to lose the bet.

some guy stepped on the stage , doing weird signs with his hands.

then courtney came , covered in white paint, chanting words the raven haired boy didn't understand if he was being honest.

once it was all over courtney whispered something into the blonde boys ear and he smiled.

what was he smiling about?

'i have just been informed that we have a new member!' the boy said into the microphone, 'come up here...duncan nelson!'

'do we have a duncan nelson?'

duncan stayed silent.

at school he was used to all the attention, but now.. he didn't want any eyes on him at all.

courtney sighed and walked over to duncan and put her hand on his shoulder; 'you don't have to do it if you don't want to.'

duncan really wanted to take that statement and run with it, but in order to keep this going he needed to go up there.

he sighed and stood up, walking over to the stage.

'what's up.' the teal eyed boy said to the crowed.

he didn't know what he was supposed to do, and courtney was at the bar watching him.

he took a deep breath and reached in his pocket.

he took out a bean bag and started tossing it from his foot to then he kicked it back to his hand.

he started saying 'hacky sack'.

'you can never let it drop.' he explained to the crowd, he could tell he was getting red.

'never. let. it. drop.' he said again, still kicking it around.

courtney was observing carefully. she didn't get anything he was doing but it looked cool, i guess.

'come on, they are all counting on you duncan.' he was holding his breath, kicking the bag around faster.

'don't. let. it...' he started, 'drop.' but as he said that it fell to the ground.

he sighed, 'it's always gonna fall eventually.'

the boy looked into the crowd, some looked impressed, some looked grossed out, some people had even left.

he was about to walk off the stage but everyone started clapping.

he smiled at the crowd, 'thank you!' he yelled, then walking off.

'that was crazy!' duncan smiled at courtney as they were walking down the street and she looked back at him.

'well, i'd be lying if i said i wasn't impressed.' she smiled back.

'oh no, what you did up there was so much better than what i did.' the boy sighed as they stopped for a moment to face towards the road.

'yeah.' she giggled.

the raven haired boy looked at her and she could feel his eyes on her.

'what?'

'do you always wear glasses?'

'yeah..?'

'have you ever thought about contacts?'

the brunette turned to him and took her glasses off, 'i mean, i have them i just don't wear them..' she said, 'the thought of touching my eye makes me feel weird-'

duncan smiled and grabbed her glasses and she raised an eyebrow, 'what-'

'i just think your eyes are really pretty.' he said and pushed the glasses onto her face.

her smile faded, 'oh hell no-' she started to walk away.

'wait! where are you going?' duncan yelled.

'your eyes are really pretty?' she repeated, 'wow, you really pulled out the big guns with that one huh?'

'there's no way in hell the most popular boy in school comes up to me and starts telling me my eyes are pretty.' she yells.

she sighed and turned back to him, 'look duncan, im not smart, you probably looked at me and said , "oh she looks nerdy, she has glasses and a ugly shirt she can probably tutor me" but no, i can't.'

he chuckled at her, 'courtney, i have the fourth highest G.P.A in our class-'

the latina turned red of embarrassment, she pretty much just said he looked like a idiot.

'sorry— look, i'll catch a ride with kitty.. i gotta go.' courtney put her bag over her shoulder and ran off, leaving him alone for the 3rd time that day.

he leaned his head back and looked up at a streetlight.

duncan shook his head and laughed, 'she is different..'