↳˗ˏˋsevenˊˎ˗ ↴

courtney's dad was watching television, she could hear it as she was in the kitchen.

she would hear blaineley ; 'Thomas Welch invented this drink in, blank, as an alternative wine.'

her father might then reply with something stupid, such as, 'what is nonalcoholic wine?'

but the actual answer would be grape juice or something.

courtney was on the phone with kitty.

'you said no?!' kitty yelled from the phone.

'mhm..' courtney replied as she took a cheez-it from the bag.

'why-?'

'i told him i had stuff to do.'

you could hear kitty scoff from the other line, 'court, sitting around with your father as he watches Jeopardy! in his underwear does not qualify as stuff to do.'

the latina looks over her shoulder to face her father, 'what is American Eagle?'

'you know me too well.' courtney replied turning back to the kitchen.

'i think you're too afraid to let anything good happen to you.' kitty says matter-of-fact-ly, 'i mean did it ever occur to you that maybe duncan really likes you?'

'trust me, he doesn't.' courtney replied, sighing.

the door then got knocked on twice.

courtney groaned, 'i gotta go.'

she then set down the house phone and walked towards the door.

'cody for the last time, tell your dumb friends to stop—'

'hey.'

courtney looked up at the taller boy and gritted her teeth, 'i thought i said i was busy..'

'zack! mi compadre con queso!' cody came from behind us and high-fived duncan, causing the cheese from the brunettes fingers onto the ravens.

'um—i believe you said you were cleaning.'

'i am!' courtney lied, she didn't like lying a lot, ' i was..i will be-'

'tell you what, how about i save you some time.' he then moved from the door frame and a bunch of freshman came walking in.

'i'll take the kitchen.' one says, 'alright, i got bathroom.' another says.

'isn't that the soccer team-'

'it's J.V.'

courtney smiled slightly but quickly shook it off.

'i need the vacuum.' one of the freshmen say, 'it's over there in the corner.' her dad replied.

i guess he hadn't realized there's people in his house yet.

'now go get dressed.' duncan said, still standing in the doorway.

'i can't— i mean, look at you!' she pointed at him, 'you look great— i— i have nothing!' she messed up her hair a little and duncan laughed.

he held out a red dress and handed it to her.

'but, i'm a mess.' she whispered.

'that's where i come in.' a raven haired girl came from the other side of the door and courtney jumped, 'heather nelson, hair and makeup!'

'okay well, if you guys need us, we'll be upstairs!' heather grabbed courtney's arm and they ran upstairs.

'have a seat.' the raven haired girl told the brunette, 'thanks.'

'ow !' courtney yelled, 'courtney, no offense, but when was the last time you tweezed?'

courtney furrowed her eyebrows, 'huh?'

'as in your eyebrows?'

'never— why-?'

'hmm, well have you ever watched sesame street?'

'uh huh.'

'y'know bert?'

'yea— ow!'

'so duncan..can i get you a drink?' cody asked the older boy.

'yeah, sure. what you got?'

'let me check-'

'so, you've really never worn makeup?' heather asked, putting a dash of powder on the brunettes cheeks.

'no, my mom died before i was old enough for this stuff..'

'oh!.. im sorry.'

'it was a long time ago-' the latina smiled, 'i mean, god, cody was practically a baby.'

'nothing personal, court, but this coif-thing you have going on doesn't really go with your face shape.'

'what do you have in mind?'

'well— i've got an idea..'

'what's your idea?'

heather clicked her tongue, 'you'd really have to trust me.'

blaineley was talking on the tv, 'in blank a copy of the old testament attributed to this printer was sold for millions.'

'what is 1973?'

'what is 1982?' a man answered , 'correct!'

mr.satella rolled his eyes and looked around,

the house was cleaner but there were about 20 kids in the house.

one passed by him, 'duncan owes us big time.'

'who are you people?' the middle aged man asked.

cody brought duncan back a neon looking smoothie, 'it's a margarita.'

'you sure this is a margarita?'

'yeah?'

the stairs clink.

duncan turns to see his sister walk down, 'gentlemen,' heather began, 'may i present the new, not improved, but different, courtney satella !'

no one came down.

'courtney?' the raven haired girl looked at the stairs.

'courtney satella, get your cute butt down here!!'

heels started to clank on wood, and duncan stood up straight.

courtney came down in a red silk dress with red heels, she also had a different hairstyle, it wasn't to her underarms anymore but it was right to her shoulders.

she was walking down the stairs until she tripped over her own two feet, but duncan caught her.

'you alright?' he smiled at her, she nodded , quickly getting back up to her feet.

'okay, you ready?'

courtney nodded again and he smiled.

she in front of him and she looked back before walking out of the door to see cody making kissing faces , mocking her and duncan.

she glared at him to stop, but he didn't.

duncan then went to shut the door and saw cody making out with air and furrowed his eyebrows.

cody looked up at him and stood up straight, waving fast, 'd-drive safely!'

duncan chuckled and shut the door.