Chapter Three: The Tale of Alaric

"𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐨 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥 𝐦𝐞. 𝐎𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐚𝐧 𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐭𝐲. 𝐒𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐮𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐲. 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐡𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐠𝐚𝐳𝐞, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐟𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐡 𝐠𝐫𝐢𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐦𝐚𝐲𝐛𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐞 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐲𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞, 𝐈 𝐬𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐲 𝐚𝐦 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞,"- 𝐏𝐚𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐁𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧

.

.

.

Alaric POV:

The day had quickly passed my meal of that day consisted of cooked meat, a single loaf of bread, and a drink of water after that I went to sleep in order to regain my energy.

Now here I stood in an empty grassy field wielding a wooden training sword while Lancelot stood a few feet away from me "alright Alaric the first thing you need to learn about wielding a sword is to never lose it should you lose it well then you lose your life simple as that really," he lectured before getting into a loose sword stance.

"Now then can you guess what our first lesson is my dear student?" Lancelot asked I was a bit hesitant reply "i-is it how to cleave someone apart with pure strength alone or how about learning a powerful sword style-" I was cut off when Lancelot dashed at me screaming "DODGE!!!"

My instincts scream at me in that moment my body moved on its own rolling over to my left Lancelot gives me no time to recover. Relentlessly he swung his sword trying to land a cut and while I was getting the hang of dodging his strikes, I was still a bit clumsy to get some cuts on my arms.

Lancelot swung his wooden sword downwards once more I rolled only this time, I struck back hitting the right side of his armor.

He paused for a moment with a raised brow "you struck back?" he asked I did my best to copy his sword stance from earlier "if you think I am going to just let you hit me while I run then you better think twice teacher," I replied wrapping my leg muscles with my mana.

With a burst of power, I propelled myself forward Lancelot gets a look of excitement "oh ho interesting show me more Alaric!" he shouted.

Aiming for his chest I bring the wooden blade down for a horizontal slice Lancelot blocked it, but I lashed out slamming my foot into his unguarded abdomen.

Lancelot flinches back a bit from the unexpected kick giving me the perfect opportunity to land a perfect cut on his left cheek.

He slowly reached up to inspect the wound before glancing back at me "you cut my face...well I guess I don't need to go easy on you anymore now do I," he said in a very ominous tone that sent shivers down my spine.

"I am sorry," I say quickly hoping for mercy Lancelot tilts his head "too late," he replied disappearing in a blur and then reappearing near the corner of my eye I barely managed to block it, but it wasn't enough.

Lancelot began to land strike after strike each one harder than the next his strikes caused an intense amount of pain to roll down on my arms, but I was quite resistant to it after being mistreated my whole life.

I inhaled taking a deep breath and began matching his own strikes blocking them with intense invigoration. But much like a berserk animal Lancelot's strength kept increasing until finally my wooden blade began to start chipping away then it shattered sending splinters everywhere.