Chapter Five: Preparing for Battle

(A/N: Hey Author here just want to let you all know that I really love lord of the rings and the Hobbit so of course I cannot resist the chance to implement some quotes or recreate some scenes in this fic not all the time of course just minor ones) 

"𝗙𝗲𝗮𝗿 𝗶𝘀 𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝗲𝘃𝗶𝗹. 𝗜𝘁 𝘁𝗲𝗹𝗹𝘀 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝘄𝗲𝗮𝗸𝗻𝗲𝘀𝘀 𝗶𝘀. 𝗔𝗻𝗱 𝗼𝗻𝗰𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝘄𝗲𝗮𝗸𝗻𝗲𝘀𝘀, 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗰𝗮𝗻 𝗯𝗲𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝘀𝘁𝗿𝗼𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗿." — 𝗥𝗼𝘆 𝗠𝘂𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗻𝗴

Alaric POV

I stood side by side with Sir Lancelot we were one among the many who had been summoned to the castle looking around I could see many other knights along with the knights of the round I had never personally met them only ever heard of them from what Sir Lancelot had told me. 

I felt a sense of nervousness for some unknown reason I took a glance up to Sir Lancelot "what do you think his majesty has gathered us for?" I asked Lancelot shook his head "who knows but perhaps it might be something related to the Saxons," he replied with a frown on his face. 

I gave a small hum before looking back up front when Arthur finally appeared dressed in her knight attire "my knights I've gathered you all here because today I've received news that those Saxon scums have come near our territory but we will not allow them to step one foot further into our land we ride in three hour's time prepare yourselves along with your horses then gather at the front gates of Camelot," Arthur announced her tone cold yet charismatic somehow. 

I swallowed but then a hand reached down ruffling my hair I look up in surprise only to be met with a smile from Lancelot "don't worry Alaric you will do fine you've long since grown from what you were when I first started training you," he reassured with a proud grin easing my worries away "y-yes your right thank you Lancelot," I replied. 

He nods patting me on the shoulder "come you'll ride alongside me," he said as I began to follow after him, we first went to the armory where Lancelot began to instruct me on how to place my armor on after that we gathered some supplies to take with us for the journey and then at last, we went to find a horse that suited me or at least that's what Lancelot said. 

"Go on then Alaric see which one will fit with you," he instructed encouragingly I nodded walking into the field of horses but upon seeing me they for some reason retreated away Lancelot chuckled at the sight I could feel my brow twitching "Oi just who do you think your chuckling at teach!" I exclaimed with my fist pumped. 

Lancelot shook his head doing a surrender like gesture "right I apologize my dear student I did not mean to offend you please do continue I'll be quiet now," he said failing to stifle his giggling. 

I grumbled searching around for a horse that wouldn't run away from the mere sight of me until my gaze finally lands on a beautiful majestic white horse it looks at me in the eyes and I look back slowly it began to bow it's head I didn't know why but for some reason I bowed back in return.