Chapter Nine: Who Are You To Me?

"𝗙𝗼𝗿𝗴𝗲𝘁 𝗮𝗯𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘀𝗲𝗹𝗳 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗮 𝘀𝗲𝗰𝗼𝗻𝗱 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘁𝗿𝘆 𝘀𝗮𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝘀. 𝗗𝗼𝗻'𝘁 𝘄𝗶𝗲𝗹𝗱 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗽𝗼𝘄𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗼𝘄𝗻 𝘀𝗮𝗸𝗲. 𝗕𝗲𝗰𝗮𝘂𝘀𝗲 𝗴𝗲𝘁𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗿𝗮𝗽𝗽𝗲𝗱 𝗯𝘆 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗼𝘄𝗻 𝗵𝗮𝘁𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗮𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝗼𝗳 𝗽𝘂𝗿𝗲 𝘀𝗲𝗹𝗳-𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘁... 𝗺𝗮𝗸𝗲𝘀 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝘂𝗿𝘁𝗵𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝗮 𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗼." - 𝗛𝗲𝗿𝗼 𝗞𝗶𝗹𝗹𝗲𝗿 𝗦𝘁𝗮𝗶𝗻

.

.

.

Alaric POV: Age 15 

My days of training with Merlin passed by in a blur I learned a great many things when it comes to magecraft. I've also improved myself in the art of swordsmenship, and learned spearmenship, along with archery to have a wider repertoire at my disposal.

Of course, my training days weren't always fine due to Merlin being a massive pervert that wouldn't stop peeking on different women seriously what kind of luck do I have to have two teachers that are massive perverts. 

The visions that I had been experiencing over the past few years have also intensified so much that it feels like I am actually in the vision. 

I've consulted Merlin about this wanting to know why I kept having these cursed visions. 

-flashback-

"I see...," Merlin murmured after I had explained my visions his face was one of deep contemplation "Alaric no matter what you see you mustn't tell anyone, nor should you attempt to change the event you see otherwise it can lead to something far much more devastating," he finally replied in the most serious tone that I've ever heard. 

I frowned "how devastating are we talking about?" I questioned as Merlin stared deep into my eyes "the kind of devastation in which humanity itself will deploy it's guardians to not only eliminate the timeline but you along with it," he replied sending chills down my spine. 

Alaya or the Counterforce is the unconscious will of humanity it does whatever is necessary to protect humanity from the creatures of Gaia and or threat that tries to end humanity itself. 

Its guardians are often deployed the eliminate the threat but if a threat is too strong then it may often just prune the timeline all together so that it doesn't affect all others the main one being the very first timeline itself.

-flashback end- 

Washing the sweat away from my face I place my sword back into its scabbard gather my things from and head off back to my quarters. 

Tonight, would be my turn to patrol the castle halls so I quickly cleaned myself the moment I did make it back to my quarters. 

Slipping my armor on and tying up my black cape onto it I walked out of my room greeting my fellow patrolling knights. 

The halls of the castle were quiet only the sounds of my own footstep echoed my eyes roamed both left and right looking at any shadows were someone may hide. 

 I turn down to the hall where the main throne room was to check if the area was clear over there yet the moment, I do so I stop upon meeting a pair of blue eyes and a face that look just like her majesty. 

I recover from my surprise "who are you? what are you doing here at this hour?" I questioned in a hard tone.

 The lady herself seemed to have gone under a momentary shock like me and shook her head "I - uh forgive me Sir Knight you startled me for a moment I was just here to meet with my 'brother' Arthur," hearing her speak made my heart ache I don't know why though. 

Wait did she just say 'Arthur' was her 'brother' shite I really hope I won't get in trouble for this 
"rest assured sir Knight you need not worry about me telling 'Arthur' about this you were just doing your job," she suddenly said. 

I made a face of surprise at that how did she- "I am not reading your thoughts you can just call it a lady's intuition," she cut in once again with a small smirk that I could barely make out underneath her veil. 

"Even so I must apologize Lady...?" I paused not knowing her name she smiles with amusement seeing my pause "Morgan...Morgan Le Fay, Arthur's older sister," she filled in. 

I feel like I should already know who Lady Morgan is though, my eyes deceive me for the more I stared at her another woman dressed in a more fairy like fashion stood behind her with a beautiful smile, her hair was far longer, her eyes were a mix between aqua blue and green, lastly the woman wore a golden sleeked crown with a blue diamond hanging down to her forehead.

I wanted to reach out to her, but her image disappeared I shake my head "...ah right Lady Morgan I apologize I spaced out for a moment do forgive me for both accounts," I quickly replied. 

Morgan chuckles in a mirthful tone "it's quite alright if anything it makes me feel quite flattered although I never did quite catch your name young knight?" she asked with a raised brow making me go red in the cheeks. 

"Ahem my name is Sir Alaric no last name of any kind," I answered in a complete professional tone that hinted with no other emotion in my voice. 

"Alaric? The Youngest of Knights and of course the apprentice of not only Sir Lancelot but both Merlin and my brother as well...why I never thought I would meet you here so soon," Morgan said with clear recognition in her eyes. 

I awkwardly scratch the back of my head still not used to that title nor the attention that it brings me "yeah well that's me not at all what you were expecting huh my lady?" I questioned with a smirk. 

"Clearly not at all with the way my brother described you as I was expecting someone a bit more taller," she replied in a teasing tone. I let out a slight huff indignation at that "hmnh! Well, give me a couple more years and I'll soon be taller than Sir Lancelot himself."

"Hehehehe...well now I best be going on my way soon young man, but I believe we will be seeing each more often than you might think till then Sir Alaric," she said with a nod and began to walk away. 

I silently watched her walk away feeling my heart ache with an unbearable amount of sadness "just who are you to me?" I questioned out loud to myself in a hushed tone. 

Morgan/Vivian POV

I smiled underneath the veil of my other half my eyes were glistening with unshed tears you've grown Alaric. 

I wish...I wish we could have talked a bit more my precious son was the last thought I had before returning back to my main self at the lake. 

I silently groan feeling the control over my body return back to normal I blinked a bit letting my eyes focus back until they were no longer blurry "so that was your son eh Vivian? He...seems like an interesting young man perhaps I can arrange a ball so that we may see the boy again," I murmured. 

-end of chapter nine- 

As promised here is this Wednesdays chapter hope you all enjoyed it. 

I also changed Alarics appearance check this comment paragraph for image: