9

Arielle's POV

"Hey Arielle, can you come over?" His nervous voice spoke through the phone.

I frowned, painting my last nail a dark blue color. I put the brush back in the container, shutting it tightly.

"Can you come over to my place? I'm tired. And lazy." I laughed awkwardly.

"Alright, I'm coming now." He says quietly.

"Bye babe."

"Bye Ari." I still leap with joy when he calls me that, strangely.

Cerena went out with her boyfriend, Jackson. I interrogated him for a while, and decided he was alright. He studies with Cerena, and they've been dating for 2 months now.

Jackson is fairly tall, with blonde hair, and blue eyes.

I glance at my nails, blowing on them. I stare at the door, waiting for Nick to come over. And just like that, he unlocks the door, and walks in. He locks the front door behind him, and awkwardly scratches the back of his neck. He wore black, ripped skinny jeans, and a My Chemical Romance muscle shirt. I tried not to stare.

"Whats up?" I smiled at him, looking him in the eyes.

"I- Arielle, you know I love you right?" I tilted my head to the side, confused.

"What?"

He sat down on the stool beside me, and pleaded me with his eyes.

"I-I know." I tell him quietly. I look at him, dark rings under his eyes, on his perfect, pale face. What has he been thinking about?

"Okay, and you feel the same, right?" He questioned slowly.

I frowned, but nodded. Nick grinned, and his eyes sparkled. My lips twitched, and pulled into a smile.

"Okay then, will you be my girlfriend again?" I felt like the air was knocked out of me. I sucked in a breath, my lungs feeling like they'd collapse.

I stared at him, not knowing what to say. I mean, isn't this too quick?

To hell with that Ari, you know you're just scared of falling apart.

I looked away, biting my lip. I heard Nick sigh, and I turned to look at him again.

"I understand if you don't want m-" he started, but that isn't it.

I do want this, I want us.

"No, no, its nothing like that. Nick, I l-love you, its just.. Damn, isn't this too soon?" I gave him a look, and he shrugged.

"I don't know. I'm just doing what feels right."

I bit my lip, smiling. "I just don't want to jump into our relationship like last time, I want to take it slower." I put my hand on his bare knee, his hand resting on my thigh. The skin under his hand felt like it was on fire.

"Can you stay with me tonight?" I asked quietly.

"Slower you say?" Nick teases, making me blush.

He cupped my face in his hands, leaning closer to me. Nick planted a kiss on my lips, and I felt my face heat up.

He chuckled, "I thought you'd never ask. Won't your parents get pissed?"

I smirked, "I practically own this house. They're barely home, always at work."

He moved his hands, leaving my face feeling cold. Nick wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me off the stool. My body was pressed up against his, and I felt no shame. I rested my head against his chest, and I heard his heart beating.

"So its just the two of us tonight?" He whispered in my ear. Chills shot up my spine, and my legs felt like jelly.

"Shit, no, Cerena's still here." I forgot she was staying at my place.

"Cerena?" Nick's confused voice echoed through the house.

"My friend. She left with her boyfriend a while ago." I explained.

"Tell her to stay there tonight, because you have company." He ordered, his raspy voice not helping with the situation.

As much as I hated kicking Cerena out, I wanted tonight to just be me and Nick.

*
"So whats been up?" He asked, throwing me gently on the bed. I giggled, and he smirked. Nick climbed on the bed, laying beside me.

I pulled him closer to me, his scent driving me crazy. He wrapped his arm around my waist, and I smiled to myself.

"Nothing really, I'm a pretty boring little shit." We both laughed, and he stroked my hair.

"I don't think you're a boring little shit." He whispered. I went numb, my insides churning.

I don't think so either, I know.

I'm a fuck up.

A screw up.

And you deserve so much better.