4.5

"-Half brother."

I stare at her, unblinking. "This is the half brother you always tell me about?" She made him sound like he was satan or something. Never at home, always out partying, doing drugs, being an asshole.

An asshole wouldn't buy me this shirt. An asshole wouldn't blush so easily. He just has some tough guy walls.

Katie nods, turning her attention to him.

"Nick, what are y'all doing back here anyway?" She questions coldly.

Feeling awkward, I look through all my shopping bags, making it look like I'm not paying attention to them.

"I-mom and dad said they wanted a break, but now mom decided to move back here. They're alright now, I guess."

"You were gone for 3 fucking years, what the hell happened between them?" Kate demanded.

"No clue. But I mean, now I'm back."

The three of us are silent, not knowing what to say.

Nick coughs out awkwardly, getting up. "Uh, I'll text you Arielle, see you at home Kate."

I smile, and wave, not knowing what to say. When he leaves, Kate sits beside me, letting out a sigh.

"Text you?" Katie questions, pure confusion etching every little crevice on her face.

I smile, "I ran into him at Hot Topic, and I saw this Attack On Titan crop top. I rushed over to grab it just as he did, and he said he'd let me get the shirt if he got my number."

Katie rolls her eyes, leaning back. "That's my stepbrother, always the fucking ladies man."

I ignore what she said, continuing on with the story. "And that's not all, I couldn't pay for the shirt because I ran out of money, and he bought it for me."

She was quiet. "Nick bought you something?"

I nodded, taking in her peculiar behavior.

"Nick might just be a ladies man, but he never spends money on a girl, until they're seeing each other. You know, dating."

"So.. he's never done this before?" I ask quietly, feeling more giddy by the second.

"No, never before. That's something Ari. It means something."

I scoff, "Whatever Katie, can we go grab something to eat now?"

"Alright, let's go."
**
{unknown number} Hey Arielle, it's Nick. ;)

I grab my phone, quickly unlocking it. I make him a contact, and text him back.

{me} hai Nick

{Nick} Hai? What's that?

{me} lol, it's just like hi, but when you say hi you can hear like an a right?

{Nick} uh, not really..

{me} whatever. I just type it like that, problem?

{Nick} ooh feisty. So did Kate ever tell you what happen between our parents?
{me} did she even know what was going on?

{Nick} doesn't seem like it tbh

{Nick} so, you know how Katie's mom past away when she was younger right?

{me} Nick, should you be telling me this stuff?

{Nick} why not? And I was hoping you'd tell Katie, since she blocked my number

{me} what, why?

{Nick} lets just say I was drunk and something happened

{me} OML okay continue

{Nick} so her mom past away when she was four, but 2 or 3 years before Katie was born, her dad went out and got wasted. And he met my mom, and.. They fucked. Whenever Kate's mom and our dad got in an argument, he would go to the same bar and see my mom.

{Nick} I was a secret for a couple of years, until Kate's mom past away.

{Nick} our parents got married when I turned 10, which surprised me. I mean, wasn't I just the result of a one night stand? Did they even love each other? And that's probably why Kate hates me. I mean, she just knows that we have the same dad, she doesn't know the full story. She legit thinks that my mom drugged her dad and he didn't want for any of it to happen.

{me} D: I'm sorry Nick.

{Nick} don't be. It isn't your fault. But just let her know the whole story for me?

{me} no worries. I will

{Nick} thanks Arielle.

{me} no problem. :)

{Nick} no winky face? :/

{me} ;)

{Nick} :D I know this is really soon, and we just met

{Nick} but Arielle, there's something about you that's different. I really like you. Like, a lot.

{Nick} Arielle would you be my girlfriend? ❤️

{me} jekfichanoskdb fjdjsbjwkdmshrnfmgjfisksndjkdkskssm

{me} YOU cAnT JUsT ASk mE LIKe THAT

{Nick} why not ;)

{me} BECaUSE OML IM FREaKiNG OuT

{Nick} babe, I know I'm hot, but you don't need to be freaking out that bad ;)

{me} you're so conceited :P

{Nick} so that's a yes, right?

{Nick} Arielle?

{Nick} ARiELLE

{Nick} WHErED YoU GO BaBE

{Nick} cOmE BacK

{Nick} tell me that you love me cuz I need you so much don't go don't go

{me} OML YOU JUST LEGIT QUOTED BMTH YUS I WILL BE YOUR GIRLFRIEND

*
I legit think Nick told Arielle all that stuff because he needed to tell someone.

VOTE+COMMENT =COTE PLEASE

P.S If you ever need someone to talk to, feel free to PM me, because its not good to bottle shit it.