2.5

Arielle's POV

I sit down beside Katie, rubbing my apple on the sleeve of my shirt.

I bite into it, listening quietly to Garrett and Katie's conversation.

"Justin is a total-"

"Justin is my boyfriend, so don't make fun of him." Kate ends casually, twirling spaghetti around on her fork.

Garrett rolls his eyes. "I was gonna say, Douche. But whatever."

I snicker, and he winks at me. I roll my eyes, and nudge Katie with my shoulder.

"What."

"Will you sleep over tonight?"

"Why?" Because I'm going mad in that house.

"Why not?" She turns to look at me, and nods.

"Okay."

Garrett waves his arms around, catching my attention. "What about me?"

I bite my lip. "I guess you could come over."

He scoffs, pushing his glasses up further his nose. "I guess you could come over." Garrett mimics, in a high pitched voice.

I throw what's left of my apple at him, sticking my tongue out.

He rubs at his arm, bending down to throw the apple away.

"Soo, I guess come over after school."
*
"I really like Isabelle still." Garrett blurts. I slowly turn to look at him, and take my pill with some water. I close the cap and put it back on my table.

"Still?" Katie questions softly, as I sit down cross legged.

"Still."

I blow at my fringe, thinking of his past relationship with Isabelle.

"No! Get away from me, Rebecca told me you cheated on me. What the hell Garrett! You told me you loved me!" Isabelle yelled, her voice pained.

People started to gather around them in the hall, and I rolled my eyes. Why can't people give them space. I grabbed Katie's arm, and pulled her to the front of the crowd.

The thick tension made it difficult to breath, and I frowned, watching the scene unravel before my eyes.

"No, Isabelle, please, believe me. You honestly believe what Rebecca said? You believe her over me?" Garrett croaked, and my chest clouded with the faint emotion of pain.

"When it comes to issues like this, I do."

Garrett's face visibly crumbles, and he shakes his head. "Who would I leave you for? I only want you." He told her softly. The crowd of people were surprisingly quiet, and well behaved.

Isabelle was silent, looking at Garrett. "So many girls, Garrett. There's so many other girls here. They're so much prettier, smarter,
more perfect than me." She whispered, turning away from him.

Isabelle pushed through the crowd, leaving Garrett standing awkwardly.

He shakes his head, and goes after her. I hope they fix whatever happened.

My eyes flicker to Garrett, and I just feel so much pain for him.

He really did love Isabelle, and wouldn't ever cheat on her. Yet, she chose to believe that, and left him.

I scoot closer to him, and hug him from the side tightly.

He stiffens, before hugging me back, knowing he won't get hugs like these often.

"I know how you feel Garrett." I mumble into his shoulder, his grip on my waist tightening.

I pull away, and pat his knee, before turning to Katie.

I give her a look, and she nods knowing.

"Well, why don't we have a movie marathon? Star Wars anyone?" She says with a pathetic grin.

Kate hates Star Wars, but for the sake of Garrett, she'd read dictionaries for him.

Garrett's lips pull into a smile, and pushing up his glasses, he grins.

"Totally."
*
Katie bursts out in laughter, just as Chewbacca stood behind Obi-Wan Kenobi.

I hit pause on the remote, and look at Kate, who is biting down on her hand to control her laughter.

My lips curl into a small smile, and I glance at Garrett who is pouting about the paused movie.

"Kate you alright?" I say, watching her eyes water.
She nods quickly, and swipes at her eyes.

"Oh my god-I-I-Remember Jean?" I frown, but nod slowly.

"Alright, so one time, Jean and I were swinging on the swings at recess, and I think it was in the fourth grade. And-and Jonathan came up to us, and he told Jean that she looked like Chewbacca."

I snicker, and Garrett starts to laugh. Soon the three of us are rolling on the ground, tears streaming from our eyes.

"That's so mean, why would you call anyone Chewbacca?" Garrett manages, before we all start laughing again.

"Those things are so fucking hairy." I blurt.

"Jean got so pissed, and started throwing like, dirt and rocks at him."

"But aren't they dating now?" I question.

"Oh yeah, they are." Garrett chimes.

I smile, looking at the two of them. Maybe I don't need medication, maybe I just need them.
*
I honestly apologize for this sucky chapter. D: