chapter 5: zabini

I layed my head back against the headboard. After a tiring day at school, I had collapsed on the bed, seeking solace in the comforting embrace of exhaustion.

I scratched the top of my scalp, taking a deep gulp of air. I finally got up after a 2 hour nap and walked to the bathroom.

but before I could. I was met with a bright smiling face.

"pansy? jesus christ!" my body jolted back.

"sorry! just wanted to tell you we need to get ready. astoria and daphne are coming over in a minute." pansy walked into the bathroom to brush her teeth.

"get ready?" I walked in with her. my shoes clacking against the floorboards.

"the party! remember? we all went out and bought the dresses for?"

merde. I forgot.

"oh yeah. still have the one I picked out?" I asked walking over to our shared dresser.

"mhm. you'll wook amezin ennet!" she said through muffled words. scrubbing her teeth with her toothbrush.

I picked out the dark green silk dress. my eyes examined the short dress. it looked soft and comfy but also pretty damn sexy. since I was new, I didn't want people getting a bad impression of me.

I also picked out myself some gold heels. which I honestly never would've thought to pair with a green dress, but it was an amazing combo. they were ones that had straps that went up to my calf's.

before I could get changed. me and pansy both heard a knock at the door. I rushed over and let them in. astoria and daphne already had their dresses on. astoria had an off the shoulder, kinda velvety one. and daphne had a strapless one on, with green glitter. they both had matching heels.

while we talked I began to get undressed. which would've been weird. except for the fact that I felt like I knew these girls so well already. they had been better friends with me than anyone ever had at my old school. besides it's not like they hadn't seen my boobs before.

I slid on my dress. making sure to secure the straps so the dress was tighter on me.

I slipped on my heels. and tied them up my calf's. which made me a couple inches taller. but didn't help a lot since I was one of the shortest out of the girls.

and considerably shorter than all the guys I had met. I was pretty convinced tom was like 6'3.

pansy put on some rihanna, and we all started to do our makeup. daphne asked for my help a bit with her eyeliner, but for the most part we did it on our own. I used all my fancy french makeup tools. I had a different makeup brush for each step. which obviously surprised pansy. who used the same messy brush for everything.

I made sure to put on all my gold jewlery. including, my fancy bracelets, one of my van cleef necklaces. and some gold hoops. we all rushed over to the bathroom mirrors.

"ugh! my sexy besties!" daphne said, grabbing my face and squeezing it tight, still looking in the mirror.

the 4 of us took some pictures, and went down to the common room.

luckily, one of the guys had put on a silencing spell. so all the. excruciatingly loud music, and sounds of people partying were muffled. we walked in to people dancing and inhaling shots. this was like heaven to me. parties back in france were good. but this was a whole other level.

we soon all separated. this common room was actually quite large, there were solo cups everywhere, and people were making out on the couches. cigarettes filled the air. and the whole place was intoxicated with this smoke from all the drugs. I walked my way over to a table with the bottles of alcohol. there were probably over 20 bottles of different types of vodka, whiskey and beer. as I examined the selection, two warm arms suddenly envelope me from behind.