chapter 10: burnt hair and a berkshire

the only thing that has been parading my mind was last night.

within the same day, two unbelievably amazing men had made me orgasm more times than I ever thought was possible. yet there I was.

After we finished last night theo took me back to my dorm. tom left shortly after our little session.

I was now alone in my bed, bruises up my thighs and hickies on my throat.

thank the lord I was on birth control because holy fuck.

I was willing to do anything for them in that moment.

I fluttered my eyes open and groggily stepped out of bed only to be met with jelly legs.

I grabbed on to my bedpost and rubbed my forehead.

great.

I stumbled over to the bathroom and grabbed my makeup bag. I took off whatever mess was brewing on my face yesterday and applied some new mascara and concealer.

I used a few dots on my neck so I didn't have to wear a fucking turtleneck to class. I must've been late to class because none of the other girls were in our dorm which was odd.

I brushed out my hair and plugged in my curling iron.

Even if i'm late to class at least i'm pretty right?

While that was heating up I throwed on my robes and attempted to tie my tie, eventually giving up and using my wand.

I pulled a front strand of hair and wrapped it around the iron.

I did a short lip trill and stared at myself in the mirror. I didn't look horrible but the obvious stumbling around like a blind monkey might give away what happened last night.

speaking of.

what the fuck!

how in the hell did I agree to that!

I'm not denying it was the best thing that has ever happened to me. but, seriously, how did that even happen. I'd only met tom twice and theo was like my friend so it was odd fucking both of them. but god i loved it.

I also wondered how horrible it was going to be to see both of them in class today. how fucking awkward. espicially since theo was my friend and I talked to him daily.

the minute I smelt burning hair I yanked the plug out of the socket.

the moment I pulled my curler away from my head, there was an obvious chunk missing out my hair.

the chunk in question being on my curling iron.

I dropped it and covered my face with my hands.

I blame tom and theo for invading my mind 24/7.

I covered the part of my hair where the burn was and rushed out of my room towards the hospital wing.

if they can grow back bones they can surely grow back hair.

on my way I ran into a fucking wall. great going maeve.

I backed away and rubbed my forehead with the palm of my hand when I realized the wall started to talk.

"descoteaux? you ok?"

I looked up and saw-

"enzo, uhm hey." I said awkwardly smiling and holding my fist to my head like a fucking idiot.

"uhm.. you ok." he touched two fingers to my fist

"fine! i'm fine, going to class." I bet I looked like a fucking idiot right then.

"hey." he lowered my fist slowly. "jesus christ." he chuckled.

"it's not funny!"

"you're right sorry." he grinned and pulled out his wand. "how did you do this again?" he tried to bite back a laugh.

"curling iron." I crossed my arms over my stomach, embarrassed.

"okay, well here." he muttered some sort of spell and my hair grew back. "madame pomphrey taught me that last time I caught my hair on fire."

this earned a chuckle from me.

"you say 'last time' like it's happened before." I smiled.

"It has, you don't want to know to be honest." He shoved his wand back in his pocket.

"ok maybe I don't." I smiled. "by the way, what are you doing in the hallways by yourself."

"believe it or not, looking for you. pansy wouldn't shut the fuck up about how you were passed out last night and wouldn't wake up when she yelled for you. so I figured I get down here befor-"

"maeve! grazie al Signore." Theos eyes burned into me as he leaned down and held my shoulders.

"oh.. uhm theo." I grazed my teeth over my bottom lip.

"Pansy was worried you were dead so, just wanted to make sure you were...okay after last night." he tried to leave out details since enzo was shooting bullets with his eyes in the back of theos head.

"why? what happened last nigh-"

"I'm fine. promise just uhm. woke up late and sort of burnt a chunk of hair out of my hair." I half-laughed.

"what? where? where the fuck is it. is there a mark?" theo frantically searched my head.

"i'm fine, berkshire helped me out." I pointed out.

theodore's head whipped around and stood up straighter to meet his gaze.

there heights were very similar, it was hard to see who was taller since they were both trying to size eachother up.

"good." he mumbled to me while still looking at his face.

silence was the only thing I could hear for about 20 seconds before theo put his arm around my shoulder and walked me to the great hall. I wasn't sure if enzo was following us or not, because I couldn't hear footsteps over theos deep huffing.

"would you stop walking so fucking fast?" I dug my nails into his side.

"you're missing breakfast." was the only thing he mustered.

"ok, and?"

"you need food."

"okay, can you stop cutting off the circulation in my arm first?" he stopped me before I could continue

"don't hang out with berkshire. he may look innocent but he's done bad things."

I scoffed. "so have you?"

"that's not the point."

"yes it is! I can hang out with whoever I damn want to. just because you fucked me once does not mean you get a say in my life." before he could stop me I walked into the great hall alone.