00

K A T

"Katrina Weber may just be the hottest senior at Eastern High School." a voice said behind me, causing me to spin my head around in one quick motion. I laughed with relief when I saw it was only my self-esteem boosting boyfriend making a statement.

"And Noah Dickerson just may be the sexiest." I returned with a low voice, fiddling with his hair and making it a disheveled, somewhat cute mess.

He looked at me with a sideways smirk. "You're the best."

I giggled. "No, you are."

The bell rang, interrupting our playful banter. He didn't even say goodbye, but that was fine, and walked away.

Thank God that was over.

My best friend Caitlyn walked over. "Were you just talking to Noah?" she scoffed, and I could tell just saying his name made her feel disgusted.

"Yes." I sighed. "I can't wait till this year is over so I can drop him."

So, at this point you may think that I'm a fake bitc.h. The average two-faced skank who has nothing better to do than pretend to like people and keep them under the illusion that they have all of you're attention.

But that's not true.

I could go into all the details now, or I could wait until later. I think I'll wait for that one.

"We only have a few more months, Kat." she assured me. "And then Noah can go onto someone else. It shouldn't be hard for him."

I laughed loudly and grabbed my books from my locker. The bell had rung a few moments ago, and I didn't want to be late to first period English. If there was a class that I was going to be late to, it would definitely not be Mr. Schmidt's class.

"Gotta go." I said quickly, and slammed my locker shut. Caitlyn understood, and with a nod she dashed down the hall to her study skills period. I shook my head with a laugh and walked through the door that was conveniently right next to me.

To my surprise, class had started. Everyone else was in their seats, and Mr. Schmidt stared at me with a hardened expression. There was a boy with curly hair and a headscarf, unfamiliar, standing next to him. The class snickered at me.

"Seems like the beauty queen is late for class!" Noel, one of Noah's best friends, hollered from the back of the class. A few people laughed at his remark, forcing me to keep my head down.

"Katrina, get to your seat." Schmidt said, his lips pursed to look similar to a duck's. "And grab your detention slip on the way out."

The class began to laugh again. Great.

I took my seat, and waited for another word to be said so that the attention would be taken from me. We sat in silence for a few minutes though, paralyzing me with embarrassment. I had Caitlyn to thank for this.

But finally, after a long and dreadful silence, the teacher spoke up and gestured to the boy standing next to him.

He was decent looking, his curly hair contained in a baby barf headscarf. The color was unworthy of any of my attention, but the rest of his outfit surely had it. He was wearing dark skinny jeans with a loose black shirt and brown boots. He looked like he cared for fashion as much as I did, disregarding the ugly color for the scarf.

"This is our new student, Harry Styles." Mr. Schmidt introduced. Hearing those words made me feel a bit at ease knowing he would be among us from now on. He looked cool. Cooler than Noah.

"Do you have anything you want to say?"

Harry puckered his lips and licked them quickly. With his olive green eyes, he scanned each student in the room and stopped at me. His gaze was completely fixed. "Yes." he spoke up, "I left my old school because I was hated. I hope I can get a fresh start here."

I instantly felt bad for him. "Why?" I spoke up before I could put a thought to it. All eyes were immediately on me. "How could you be so hated?"

And as weird as it may seem, he smiled at me.

"Mistakes." he said quickly. "I made one. It was pretty bad."

The whole class murmured some not nice things as they do for everything, but Harry seemed unbothered. I wished to be like him in that sense.

"Okay, Harry, you can pick any empty seat in the room." Schmidt said, triggering me to take a quick glance around the room. The only empty seats were right next to me, and behind me, and then a seat in the far back corner.

It was only logical that Harry take the back corner.

But no.

He took long strides down the center of the class and finally, he chose the seat next to mine. I sat there, paralyzed and confused of what to say.

"Hi." he said suddenly, making me jump.

That was yesterday.

This is today.

_______

I don't have many AUs, so don't expect many. just enjoy the story if anyone reads it. im mostly posting this for my pleasure anyway so im not bothered by the amounts of reads. :)

-amira