44

K A T

When we woke up, it was about time to meet Zayn for the final meeting about tonight.

It felt like it had approached so quickly, I didn't even know what to say or feel about it. A there was nothing I could do. There was no backing out anymore.

Zayn was going to be really shocked to hear that Harry had been kicked out of school. But maybe since he knew what we were up against, it wouldn't be too much of a surprise.

We met up at the same coffee shop again, and we all ordered the same thing as we had before and before. Zayn came soon after, and the conversation immediately started.

"So... uh, I got expelled." Harry said first.

Zayn just chuckled. "I'm not shocked." I knew it. "Your anger tends to get the best of you and they took advantage of it. Now our plan is totally crushed."

I shook my head quickly. "No it's not. Harry is going to sneak into prom."

"Are you mad?" Zayn asked to Harry. "If they catch you sneaking into prom, they'll think you're a terrorist of sorts. That you want to hurt people."

He shrugged. "The only people I want to hurt are Liam, Louis, and Niall."

"I don't care." Zayn spat. "That's not what they see. You'll get locked away. Put in a jail cell."

"It's better than dying!" Harry argued, already raising his voice. I didn't want to be in the middle of this.

Zayn banged his fists on the table. This was surely escalating quickly. "No it isn't, Harry! You need to learn to think rationally."

"I am thinking rationally." he said defiantly, and I took another sip of my latte.

Their argument went on for a little of half an hour before they came to a compromise: Harry could sneak in if he bought Zayn a beer after everything was done with.

Boys.

"Okay, can we actually talk about this now?" I asked, a little fed up already. "In case you don't realize this, everything is happening tonight."

"I noticed that." Zayn said smugly, his eyes trained on me even when he took a sip of his drink. "We just need to get our priorities straight, is all."

Harry sighed. "So I sneak in, half the night is spent dancing like a normal prom would be. I get the call from Louis to 'sneak' with Kat behind the school where I'll supposedly kill her. And Zayn will keep Niall busy, locked in a closet."

"Right so far." Zayn said, unamused.

Harry continued, "Louis and Liam will come to watch me and make sure I do the job. And then instead of shooting Kat, I turn the trigger on them instead. And Zayn kills Niall. Then it's over."

"Then it's over." Zayn repeated, and meant it.

It seemed a little too easy to carry out. Did Louis and Liam really trust Harry that much to let him have a gun and have them unarmed? I didn't believe it.

"Speak of the devil." Harry mumbled, and pulled a ringing phone out of his pocket. "Louis is calling."

"Hey louis." he said as soon as he answered.

"Yes, I know it's tonight."

"She doesn't suspect a thing, Lou-- I'm telling you this."

"Where am I now? Getting coffee..."

"No."

"Yes we're still on."

"You should be out in plain sight where I can see you, though."

His tone got more and more believable, and Zayn looked proud just by listening.

"That'll make her shake. She'll be so scared to see you two again."

"I know I'm smart. Don't take that for granted."

He hung up and smiled eagerly at the both of us. I was happy that Louis had believed it, but the way he sounded sent a chill down my spine. It brought images to my mind that I never thought I would see. That didn't sound like the cute Harry that I knew.

His voice sounded menacing and dangerous.

"Everything alright, Kat?" Harry asked out of concern and reached a hand out for me.

Zayn just pushed it away. "She's doubting you, Harry. That sounded a little too believable."

His bottom lip trembled. I didn't want to see him like this. I didn't want to see him cry only because he was doing what was best for us. "Is that true?"

I shook my head. I wasn't doubting Harry. I was just scared and nervous. "No." I said sternly, and gave Zayn an unfriendly glare. He just shrugged as if to say 'my bad' but he didn't look very apologetic.

"So it's on." Zayn said with an eager smile. "We meet up at Kat's at five. Prom starts at ten. Get ready, go get pampered up with your friends-- make it look like you're just going there for the night of your life."

"Oh, it'll be the night of my life all right." I remarked, and Zayn just stared back at me blankly.

"Later." he said cooly, and walked out of the coffee shop without another word. Harry and I were left in an awkward silence.

I didn't know what to say. Same I didn't think that words could explain the events that were about to occur that night.

Something deep down told me that this was a prom that was going to change everything, and not in the desirable way either.

*

slower updates start now bc school status and I also have field hockey which means I have like an hour a day of free time.... rip me